My Husqvarna SM610-99

jai134

100 W
I could't resist driving it yesterday (and today) even though it is not finished. I have to add lighting and number plate before I will try to get it street legal and as you can see I have covered the battery pack and controller (under and behind the seat) with plastic bags because I haven't made any cover for them. It is a Husqvarna SM610-99 and I have a 10kW brushless dc motor from Golden motor, a Kelly KLS 72501 8080I controller and a pack of 7 Nissan Leaf cells which gives me 48V 60A (or a little less because the cella are used). I think they have 75-80% left.

Attachments

• 20220416_153811.jpg
    20220416_153811.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 686
And now my question:
As you can see I have dirt bike wheels on. It's 18" rear and 21" front and I wonder if it would be wors or better range with my 17" super moto wheels? I need higher RPM but it should run more easy.

The front wheel doesnt matter at all (unless you haven't got front wheel drive :lol: )

Not sure if a smaller driven wheel makes for more range:
On the one hand it reduces the power required (shorter gear ratio),
on the other hand it reduces speed - so it will take more time for the same distance.

Therefore my guess is: makes no difference at all...

Thank You!
I'll try my super moto wheels on next time.
Perhaps a hybrid tire, 17" but less nobby, will be perfect. A nobby tire has higher rolling resistance than a road tire too.
I disassembled the bike yesterday, I will leave some parts to a car painter, (and I need to work) so it will be a long wait for that test..

I have a problem with my controller, Kelly kls-70501 8080i. I cannot connect to it from my pc (windows 10) I get this "no power or cable disconnect" error. I've been talking to the man at miromax who sold it to me and his solution is that I should send it to them. I have checked COM ports and taskmanger and compatibility and as a last test I tested output current from the diagnostics connector. I wasa told it should be 11-12V measuring red and black but I had 1V. Any ideas before I send it back (I live in Sweden and miromax is in Lituania so it will certainly be both expensive and take a long time).20220505_115556.jpg

I have a 12V battery feeding the contactor controlling the 48V system. That battery drains and when it is discharched my motor stops. Thats not good! Therefor I was thinking of replacing it with a dc/dc-converter. I also think that this converter should feed head, tail/brakelight and turn signal. I would appreciate if I you can have a look at the specs i attach and till me if it would work. I think 200W is more than enough with LED. Will 16,7 A be enough. The contactor needs 1A working current.View attachment prq200w-2898746.pdf

Back