electric trial bike

Show off your E-Scooter or Motorcycle creation here.
User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 04, 2014 11:12 am

Kuberg Free-Rider can FLY! 8) :
Imagevideo coming soon.. :mrgreen:
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Kuberg Free-Rider, Trex, etc now live on Kickstarter..
discount pricing.. :D
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... free-rider
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... video.html
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
gwhy!
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1780
Joined: Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Bristol, Uk

Re: electric trial bike

Post by gwhy! » Mar 20, 2014 5:04 am


User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 20, 2014 11:10 am

that is a super clean build!
& i see they are coming to market as well..
i wonder if they or anyone else will do liquid cooling next???
for a sealed yet cooled motor under wet conditions or submersion..
after all water crossings & water sections can be fairly prevalent in trial competitions..
:?:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/top ... -e-trials/

some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
gwhy!
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1780
Joined: Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Bristol, Uk

Re: electric trial bike

Post by gwhy! » Mar 20, 2014 11:38 am

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:that is a super clean build!
& i see they are coming to market as well..
i wonder if they or anyone else will do liquid cooling next???
for a sealed yet cooled motor under wet conditions or submersion..
after all water crossings & water sections can be fairly prevalent in trial competitions..
:?:

Its a very well thought out bike its just a shame about the brushed motor, and the overall weight , but having said that, yes a watercooled brushless motor will not go a miss and then it will be the best one on the current market.. well for a little while anyway.. The guy that is making them is a novice rider ( I think ) so he needs to get a very good rider onboard and make some videos , I know the bike has the get up and go as it is.. but the $10k price tag will put people off. he needs a lot of orders to hopefully get the price tag down to more like the Trex price.

Tench
100 kW
100 kW
Posts: 1133
Joined: Jul 13, 2010 12:48 pm
Location: Derby UK

Re: electric trial bike

Post by Tench » Mar 20, 2014 2:15 pm

I Have had a good look at that and it does look to be a very well thought out chassis and a very tidy build. I wonder if the mudguards are borrowed?
It reads on their site like the bike is supplied with no cells in the battery housing and you have to add your own?
Project one https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... ilit=tench
Project Two https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=37489
The uk's first Stealth Bomber

There is a box inside your head, inside amongst others are the words "Wont fit" stop looking for answers in the box, there are no answers only excuses.

User avatar
gwhy!
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1780
Joined: Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Bristol, Uk

Re: electric trial bike

Post by gwhy! » Mar 20, 2014 3:11 pm

The battery is not included and I think this is a very good move as it makes things so much easier with less red tape to battle through. Everything is off the shelf except the main frame, swingarm, battery box and bodywork.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am

Beta electric trials..
the evolution continues!
Image
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
gwhy!
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1780
Joined: Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Bristol, Uk

Re: electric trial bike

Post by gwhy! » Mar 21, 2014 11:20 am

Nice ^^.. ( 20" )

its all good !!

just thought I would post a very early version of my current project in this thread aswell :lol: , I know its posted in another thread somewhere on this forum ( it may even be earlier in this thread.. :oops: )
dyno1.jpg
dyno1.jpg (186.96 KiB) Viewed 3646 times

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 21, 2014 11:53 am

would love to see more video of your etrial in action, gwhy!
8)
gwhy! wrote:Nice ^^.. ( 20" )

its all good !!

just thought I would post a very early version of my current project in this thread aswell :lol: , I know its posted in another thread somewhere on this forum ( it may even be earlier in this thread.. :oops: )

Image
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
AirMarky
100 W
100 W
Posts: 108
Joined: Sep 24, 2010 9:20 am
Location: bavarian forest
Contact:

Re: electric trial bike

Post by AirMarky » Mar 25, 2014 4:31 am

efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:Beta electric trials..
the evolution continues!
Image
Woah, soooooo cool :shock:

User avatar
John Bozi
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1909
Joined: Apr 09, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: electric trial bike

Post by John Bozi » Mar 25, 2014 7:41 am

looks like a monster, but to be honest when I look at the size of the motor I get the feeling its too small?

correct me as I dont know that much about motors, but the bike looks heavy and will that motor power that weight? I hope so... because I dream of an off road beast like that.

User avatar
gwhy!
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1780
Joined: Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Bristol, Uk

Re: electric trial bike

Post by gwhy! » Mar 25, 2014 7:45 am

John Bozi wrote:looks like a monster, but to be honest when I look at the size of the motor I get the feeling its too small?

correct me as I dont know that much about motors, but the bike looks heavy and will that motor power that weight? I hope so... because I dream of an off road beast like that.
its only a 20" wheeled bike.. its the same size as the 20" oset, the motor looks approx the same size as the oset so it should be fine.

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm

the beta etrial should be similar in size & performance to the oset 20"..
but the beta uses an all aluminum frame & swingarm so likely a bit lighter weight..
i cant wait to see next years bikes!.. 8)
will oset, beta, etc move up to 24" wheels???
because the test riders are getting bigger!
& will want more power, bigger wheels for rollover, etc..
:?:
gwhy! wrote:
John Bozi wrote:looks like a monster, but to be honest when I look at the size of the motor I get the feeling its too small?

correct me as I dont know that much about motors, but the bike looks heavy and will that motor power that weight? I hope so... because I dream of an off road beast like that.
its only a 20" wheeled bike.. its the same size as the 20" oset, the motor looks approx the same size as the oset so it should be fine.
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
jfrullier
1 µW
1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 12, 2009 10:00 am
Location: La Ciotat, France
Contact:

Re: electric trial bike

Post by jfrullier » Apr 08, 2014 6:41 am

Nice construction !
I have build a primary transmission by chain, too.
I put a chain tender made with a blade roller wheel. Hope it will make the primary chain live longer..

User avatar
bee
100 W
100 W
Posts: 249
Joined: Aug 07, 2012 11:22 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: electric trial bike

Post by bee » Apr 26, 2014 12:48 pm

This thread seems to be where a lot of the trials discussion is happening...

Been reading through posts on here regarding throttles/clutches: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/top ... als/page-4

I'm at the point where I'm getting quite a bit of wrist fatigue after each ride because I'm trying to throw the bike around while adjusting the throttle. I guess this is where a clutch is useful on trials bikes!

Switching to a magura throttle and cutting it in half has made a massive difference, the increase in throttle resolution and decrease in sensitivity combined with the ability to put a lot more weight on the handlebar has given me the confidence to improve my riding quite a bit, but I'm thinking it could be better.

What do you guys think about using thumb throttles, or rigging up a brake to work like a clutch?
Chalo wrote:Hydraulic [suspension] is just vanity and moto-fetishism at anything in the range of attainable bicycle speeds.
2002 Devinci Magma - 117v GNG

User avatar
gwhy!
1 MW
1 MW
Posts: 1780
Joined: Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm
Location: Bristol, Uk

Re: electric trial bike

Post by gwhy! » Apr 26, 2014 4:45 pm

bee wrote:This thread seems to be where a lot of the trials discussion is happening...

Been reading through posts on here regarding throttles/clutches: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/top ... als/page-4

I'm at the point where I'm getting quite a bit of wrist fatigue after each ride because I'm trying to throw the bike around while adjusting the throttle. I guess this is where a clutch is useful on trials bikes!

Switching to a magura throttle and cutting it in half has made a massive difference, the increase in throttle resolution and decrease in sensitivity combined with the ability to put a lot more weight on the handlebar has given me the confidence to improve my riding quite a bit, but I'm thinking it could be better.

What do you guys think about using thumb throttles, or rigging up a brake to work like a clutch?
I dont think a thumb throttle will be any good because you you need your thumb to grip the bars, I have been using a pseudo clutch for a while now on a full size trials motorcycle and yes it works very well , but now have just started playing around with different throttle only configurations .

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » May 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Oset backflip!

OSET first flip
:mrgreen:
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » May 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Bultaco To Make Electric Motorcycles!
Image
http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx ... rcycle.htm
:mrgreen:
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

bikerloosey
1 W
1 W
Posts: 59
Joined: Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by bikerloosey » Jun 30, 2014 4:50 pm

These bikes are insane, just makes me want to ride.. Really excited to hop on one.

http://www.antemene-one.com/images/elec ... NGLISH.pdf

bikerloosey
1 W
1 W
Posts: 59
Joined: Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by bikerloosey » Jun 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Do you have a price on this?
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:2014 Kuberg Trex :
the big bikes are coming! :wink: 8) :mrgreen:

Image

Image

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Jun 30, 2014 5:17 pm

i think both EM 5.7 and Kuberg Trex are going for around $7-10K..
bikerloosey wrote:Do you have a price on this?
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:2014 Kuberg Trex :
the big bikes are coming! :wink: 8) :mrgreen:

Image

Image
some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

bikerloosey
1 W
1 W
Posts: 59
Joined: Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by bikerloosey » Jul 01, 2014 2:28 pm

This looks like really good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO7CF411_xM
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:i think both EM 5.7 and Kuberg Trex are going for around $7-10K..
bikerloosey wrote:Do you have a price on this?
efMX Trials Electric Freeride wrote:2014 Kuberg Trex :
the big bikes are coming! :wink: 8) :mrgreen:

Image

Image

User avatar
efMX Trials Electric Freeride
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 931
Joined: Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: electric trial bike

Post by efMX Trials Electric Freeride » Jul 07, 2014 1:27 pm

annnd Electric Motion & Kuberg are rumored to be working on homologation kits..
so that you can get to the trial/ trail (legally) as well..
bikerloosey wrote:I am freaking out this looks so fun.


some ride & sk8 videos:
metacafe.com/channels/NATAS666DAMIEN
http://www.youtube.com/natas666damien
i have nothing for sale.. :)

Xpongebob
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 29, 2013 3:45 am

Re: electric trial bike

Post by Xpongebob » Jul 08, 2014 3:53 am

Well e-Motion claims it's 2014 models are homologated ... Price tag is reaching reasonable level, are we at least there ?

Post Reply