OK, some more tinkering with the settings tonight.
I couldn't get the "conking out" away with either "Combined" or "Torque" mode, even though I went down to 60% battery and 80% phase amps
I was able to carefully accelerate bit by bit, but that's not workable - too distracting.
On the "Speed" mode I have it now to 85/100% without issues. Acceleration from startup is "meh", once she's rolling it's OK. Top speed for tonight 80km/h, not an issue getting there even on the local hill (about 6% incline).
Performance is good enough IMO for the commute, I will focus on other things now, like:
- Find a spot on the wiring loom to connect the "brake" relay on the controller, should be black/white. This is essential for safety, I got the occasional "shove" while maneuvering on the driveway - Done, see below.
- Get the seat re-covered. There's a local shop around the corner.
- Mirrors. They come in handy in traffic. I have the polygonal ones with LEDs
, maybe I'll swap at some point.
- BMS. One wire from the ATX connector came loose. Some balancing left to do after I had a creeping current/short on the OEM connector due to moisture. - fixed, need to mount BMS
- 12V /4S charging x2 - not sure yet, packs should last for more time than the main pack.
- CA, will have to steal connector from broken controller
, any idea how to avoid a shunt and use the Kelly Ammeter output? - Installed. I still need to calibrate as I just used a length of cable for the shunt (but have believable readings already
). Need to find the magnet for the pickup.
- LED H4 headlight, already ordered, should be brighter
- front forks need new seals & oil, standing too long, feel squishy
- fairings, need adaption due to front battery box, needed for efficiency and weather protection - In progress
- making everything shiny and fitting well, maybe save some weight - tank re fitted for narrower gap, expect it to be fine against some 1mm Neoprene self-adhesive tape for sealing.
I also put her on the scale: 94kg front / 84kg rear - 178kg is not too bad without fairing, rear foot pegs, BMS and charger. Original dry weight was 186kg, or around 207kg wet.