Kawasaki KX125 Electric Build

mauimart

100 W
Here's a project that I am helping my brother with. It's a 2005 Kawasaki KX125 chassis that will be powered by:

Motenergy ME-0810 DC Permanent Magnet Motor
Alltrax AXE4834 Controller
CALB 40Ah grey cells (16s)

Should be fun when done.

Some preliminary pics.

Attachments

• P1080563.JPG
    P1080563.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 8,202
kewl, I got an old XR250 that I salvaged from the wreckers about 11 years ago, it was a pretty badly beat up bike then but now its just ridiculous, its basically a non functioning bike now. I sometimes look at it and wonder if it could be electrified.

I look forward in seeing your dirtbike mod in action in video..

Nice, I started my project 1year ago . The Honda CR electrification(aluminium deltabox frame) I have the same motor and controller as you. My first generation facing problems with A123 cells, and this time I'm working on a new battery.Good luck and I look forward to your further development. :wink:

Vincent Vega said:
Very nice video :eek: , how is it continuous and peak current? Riding time?
No data as of yet as the cycle analyst still needs to be hooked up. I will update once I have more...

Cool build. Look forward to seeing more results from this.

Aren't you the one that knows my brother Jeff? I talked him into doing a conversion and he just finished a ford ranger for his daughter's first car.

Jay64 said:
Cool build. Look forward to seeing more results from this.

Aren't you the one that knows my brother Jeff? I talked him into doing a conversion and he just finished a ford ranger for his daughter's first car.

Yes, I know Jeff. Good job on getting him to "see the light". :D

Here is more on the bike.

[youtube]B_0SCvIQYek[/youtube]

Cool video. I shared it with a few of my Hawaii buddies on Facebook. Yeah, I still haven't seen Jeff's truck yet, but I will post up info on it as soon as I get a chance to visit and take pics and videos.

So? How has the project progressed? Can I get some details? How have the Calb Greys performed? Please tell us the overall weight of the bike and the drive ratio as well as top speed. Show more video!!!! Basically, update!!! :lol:

Tek said:
So? How has the project progressed? Can I get some details? How have the Calb Greys performed? Please tell us the overall weight of the bike and the drive ratio as well as top speed. Show more video!!!! Basically, update!!! :lol:

I don't have too much new to report other than the bike is working nicely. It belongs to my brother and he rides it around his yard periodically. The calb cells are performing ok yet have less than 600Ah total. Top speed as I recall is about 50mph on the flats. I don't know the total weight of the bike but if I were to guess I would say 250 pounds.

[youtube]JaSpd5zfGH8[/youtube]

Seems pretty fast for a 48v setup! So with approximately 1.9kWh on tap what kind of run time do you get usually?
I'd like to build something similar but with the new CALB 72aH cells which are smaller and lighter than the 40aH grey cells. Maybe 72v would make it really jump. :twisted:

Back