Hi marcexec,marcexec wrote:Nice work, Bernel! Wish mine was usable already...
I noticed you only get ~2 times the range from going from 10Ah to 15 Ah (differenct cells of course) - did that hold up/scale the same way?
Also I'm quite interested in how you connected the tachometer to the motor (hall?) output, please elaborate.
BTW I totally second the call fot the CA - wouldn't want to miss it!
I have carried out further road tests at 70mph on dual carriageways which gave me 16 miles. This seemed to reflect my calculated range at that speed. I have been basing my calculations on 80V (4.0V/ cell) to 62V (3.1V/cell). For town riding 30 to 40mph I can expect 33 miles at 60mph 23 miles and 70mph 16 miles. This is all on 35Ah pack I will increasing this to 50Ah over the next few weeks.
The tachometer was quite simple really, I used an inductive sensor and fitted another grub screw into the front sprocket that was proud of the front sprocket shaft. The sensor was three wire, 12V, ground and signal. The sensor was bought from RS Components it was made by telemechanique.
Good luck with your build I watch it with interest.