My ebike and trailer

http://imageshack.com/a/img703/8045/8dye.jpg http://imageshack.com/a/img822/8461/p5bl.jpg http://imageshack.com/a/img718/3198/photo0018o.jpg :D Front and rear disc's with abs mmmmm, lol This Motorino xph pulls the trailer fully loaded easily :)

scorpion6916 said:
Actually I wouldnt put kids in the trailer. I only use it for grocerys , beer , or whatever. Really happy i bought it though , makes shopping a breeze. :D

A child would be much safer in a trailer than being carried on a bike. A kid could be seriously injured by just a bicycle toppling over. That's obviously not going to happen to a child strapped into a trailer.

They'd also be better protected from heavy impacts. That's just rationality.

I use a trailer as well, and use it for shopping my buddy uses one for his recycling business, and has pulled over 200 lbs in his to the recycler of metal about 20k from his business with no problem

@ Joseph, I agree , but i dont have toddlers anymore. To use the trailer with precious little ones I would only consider it being towed by a bicycle on side streets.I just wouldnt chance it on main roads being towed by my motorino XPH . But I do love my trailer , it comes in very handy and I often get compliments from people that its a nice setup. :mrgreen:

Here's your pics embedded

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3,428
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3,428
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 3,427
No prob for a fellow Canuck hehe, and a motorino-Ian

Joseph C. said:
A child would be much safer in a trailer than being carried on a bike. A kid could be seriously injured by just a bicycle toppling over. That's obviously not going to happen to a child strapped into a trailer.

You'd think so, but trailers occasionally get flipped completely over by things that barely ruffle a bike's composure.

Your impression is like that of folks who consider trikes safer than bikes. A little experience will neatly erase that notion.

Chalo said:
Joseph C. said:

You'd think so, but trailers occasionally get flipped completely over by things that barely ruffle a bike's composure.

Your impression is like that of folks who consider trikes safer than bikes. A little experience will neatly erase that notion.

I have plenty of bicycle trailer experience. My point stands.

I have only flipped my trailer once when it had a very light load. I had just got it - misjudged the turning clearance and clipped it off a footpath while taking a tight turn.

In the same period of time that I have had a trailer, which is a few months longer than having an ebike,I have had two minor incursions where I fell off my bike. Well technically my bike fell over with me still attached. On both occasions the trailer stood firmly on the ground. If I was carrying a child in the trailer they would have been fine. If I was carrying a child on the bike and they had their arm in the wrong place they would have broke it.

Even if the trailer tips over at speed, the child will still be securely strapped in. They would be grand.

scorpion6916 said:
@ Joseph, I agree , but i dont have toddlers anymore. To use the trailer with precious little ones I would only consider it being towed by a bicycle on side streets.I just wouldnt chance it on main roads being towed by my motorino XPH . But I do love my trailer , it comes in very handy and I often get compliments from people that its a nice setup. :mrgreen

No worries I was just responding to something I have a heard a few times from people who think kids are safer on the back of a bike. :D

I was going to coin a phrase - it boils my goat - but I see some bastard already has laid claim to that. :mrgreen:

Chalo said:
Joseph C. said:

Boiling goats aside. I completely agree . Maybe on side streets at slow speed i would chance putting kids in my trailer but not main roads especially due to the wreckless aggressive nature of some car drivers on main streets . Also Ive never even came close to tipping my trailer, I dont think its ever even had one tire come off the ground , but to rely on the (even with the seatbelts ) light alluminum frame to hold up upside down in the event that it did tip with kids in it , I just wouldnt chance it. And when it comes to trikes , I think they can give the rider a false sence of security as too sharp a turn at too fast a speed they ARE PRONE to tipping. That was the main reason that when three wheeler atv's came out it wasnt long before they were banned in some places and production halted because of the high number of accidents due to tipping over , a lot of people were injured including deaths.

I think this is just great.

I am sure you get your share of strange wtf was that looks, but you know, seeing someone do something out of the mainstream may make them think about their own transportation choices.

I keep saying that it will take $6 gallon gas here in the states before the public at large considers transportation alternatives such as this one. But maybe I am wrong. How much is gas in Ontario now?

@Kent, I think gas in Ontario near where I live is around $1.30 a liter. Not exactly sure as I havent had to buy any in a long , long time and i think its FANTASTIC !! Once they raise gas prices enough that people start selling their cars in droves then the oil companies will temporarly lower the price to bring them back. Thats the way the game is played. And if people keep buying electric im sure the politicians will come up with somthing to make them less attractive to make up for lost tax revenue by less gas being sold .

Just wondering how many batteries you could tow in that trailer, there's lots of room for solar panels on the roof ;)

Roughly the trailer has about a 100lbs limit give or take. But even though I somtimes jam pack it with grocerys (beer ) I do try to keep from overloading it as well as my scooter. I want them to last so I try not to over burden their capabilitys. Plus i'd hate to brake somthing when it didnt have to happen. My scoot only has 1500 kms on it and it pretty much looks as good as it did in the showroom. I try to take good care of it so it takes good care of me :)

Back