My mobility scooter

SpeedEBikes

100 W
I'm losing my ability to walk and wanted a scooter I could ride about the house and around town. Here's what I came up with.

BS3 frame small.jpg
BS3small.JPG

Going for more welding gas
bs3 gas.JPG

motor, MAC 6T w/ 12 fet Infineon controller bought from cell_man/EM3EV with 16x3" tire
battery, Turnigy lipo 16s 30 AH, ~64 volt
frame+fork weighs 6 lbs made from 4130

Damn you know when you start tinkering with old fart mobility devices that you are just an old kid and any hope of actually growing up has been tossed to the wind. :mrgreen:
The front wheel might be a good candidate for a radial, zero cross, lace job.
Picked up a used 3 wheel mobility scooter for a friend to use after he broke an ankle and a shoulder while falling down some stairs a while back. He had lots of use from the lead that came with it. But as he healed up he wanted a bit more juice. So out with the lead and in with 2 dozen headways. The night of the conversion he was feeling no pain, 3 sheets to the wind, maybe a bit drunk too. With a full charge on the new pack he took control of that scooter in the backyard hit the throttle and it took off at a slightly faster clip than i had seen it go before. He swerved his way out of the yard into the alley made the turn and tipped over. It was hard to help him up off the ground while laughing so hard and I just know I`m going someplace hot when I`m done here for thinking it funny. So watch out for high speed corners with only 3 wheels on the ground and a high pressure tank strapped into a milk crate.

Icewrench, the disc brake side is laced single cross and the other side is zero cross. Wasn't planned just happened to be the only way I could lace it up reasonably centered with the spoke lengths I happened to have on hand.

The scooter reponds great to body english. Leaning helps keep the wheels planted when turning, braking and accelerating. Though it's fun to sometimes let a wheel or two come off the ground. But when hauling a gas cylinder at 2000 psi I chill out.

Back