Prototype Scooter 2kW 15Kg 12S 16Ah

Stefan T

1 µW
Hey,
I'm Stefan and I'm teaching mechatronics. I've been into electric RC cars since i was quite small, and when I started to work, I thought it would be awesome to build my own E Scooter, which goes quicker than a bike, is light, so I can take it with me and is safer than all the Scooters you can buy
Most scooters you can buy, have bad breaks and are heavy as hell, so it was quite easy to accomplish this

But I had some starting issues, my first motor was only 300W but it hat too less torque to get it properly running with the Belt drive i was using. so I upgraded to a 1Kw E-Scooter motor, which was great, 30V, so I used it with 25S NiMh Cells (10Ah), which were made for industry purpose. The only problem was, that I couldn't get the maximum discharge rate, so I was hoping for the best. The Speed was over 25km/h, but it was not quite efficient, and had ton of torque.

Some time it worked quite fine, but quite soon, the batteries died, because I discharged them too quickly and they overheated. So I bought 6S 9Ah LiPo packs and than it worked quite well, till I decided to run it on 12S, than I was able to go over 50km/h, but I also smoked the motor, and it was a lot of smoke...

Now I ran my Scooter with a 2Kw Brush-less Motor and 12S 16Ah and have now over 2500km on the Wheels.

Here you can see a Video with the Specs:

[youtube]DZ3FJ7Afjok[/youtube]

See how fast it can go:
[youtube]oJrpz7u3JIo[/youtube]

[youtube]ieSvu1RzAZw[/youtube]

[youtube]mH4ZrII8nWs[/youtube]

Before I put the motor into the Scooter I was riding it in a lot of places:

[youtube]1CK74Csbi18[/youtube]

[youtube]9STs5zMgdBg[/youtube]

[youtube]a4_IZpTKeCk[/youtube]

And this is what I used to do with normal Scooter:

[youtube]Y_iq9Wmop_E[/youtube]

If you want me to upload some closer pics, please leave a comment

I'm planing, to upgrade the motor to 3Kw and batteries to 12S 32AQh or 48Ah and put a 2 speed manual transmission in, so i have much torque when I go upheel, or need to accelerate quickly, but still get a high top speed

PS
I have invested some money in small action cams, which make quite good videos, so subscribe to my youtubechannel, there will be soon more Videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/stefetrucki?sub_confirmation=1

My latest Clip:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KJ9xCHjRFeE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

top notch scooter, really neat! :eek:

Do you think it really compensate the weight going from 2kW motor to a 3kW motor for your current frame?

Maybe just increasing amps you would get the same thing maintaining the awesome lightweight and agility it looks.

How much temperature are you getting now on the 2kW motor at maximum peaks amps?

Back