Suzuki GSX-R e899 K2

Rovi

1 W
After my last bike creation:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75695&p=1198227#p1198227
I will start my new bike project in parallel.
The design has been done. Now the welder knows what to do :).
I already ordered the new 273 air cooled motor ...
let´s see what happens ...

By the way is there existing a bigger controller for bldc motors as Kelly KHB14601 (Higher voltage and current level)?

Andre

Hey guys,
I hope you can help me regarding the right controller for the above mentioned motor
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_378.html
I have ordered him without water cooling because I only want to use him for drag race.
At the moment I know that the motor can handle up to 685A phase current. And QS offers him only as 3 phase version (not 2x 3 phase!)
So the max current can support only KHB14601 with 600A for one minute @ 176VDC battery supply (124VDC motor phase voltage).
With this high current the motor will spend over 400Nm but I think it is not possible to get the force of the ground.
I know it from some turbo hayabusa with over 400hp that they will have problems to get their power on track and will have to fight with spinning wheel and traction.
By the way the top speed will end at 180kph!
So I asked QS motors what will happen if I only get 450A to the motor.
Maybe I will not get so much torque and therefore no traction problems.
So the is existing another controller which has a little bit more voltage.
The question is now what happens to the motor when I will increase the voltage to the motor?
Will it run faster? I think so but what can be the max. Voltage to such a hubless motor?
Any ideas?
Thanks Andre

Rovi said:
Hey guys,
I hope you can help me regarding the right controller for the above mentioned motor
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_378.html
I have ordered him without water cooling because I only want to use him for drag race.
At the moment I know that the motor can handle up to 685A phase current. And QS offers him only as 3 phase version (not 2x 3 phase!)
So the max current can support only KHB14601 with 600A for one minute @ 176VDC battery supply (124VDC motor phase voltage).
With this high current the motor will spend over 400Nm but I think it is not possible to get the force of the ground.
I know it from some turbo hayabusa with over 400hp that they will have problems to get their power on track and will have to fight with spinning wheel and traction.
By the way the top speed will end at 180kph!
So I asked QS motors what will happen if I only get 450A to the motor.
Maybe I will not get so much torque and therefore no traction problems.
So the is existing another controller which has a little bit more voltage.
The question is now what happens to the motor when I will increase the voltage to the motor?
Will it run faster? I think so but what can be the max. Voltage to such a hubless motor?
Any ideas?
Thanks Andre

power = volt x amp. If you can't up the amp you can up the volt. But I don't think that is the whole picture. As massive amps will spin up the motor way faster with a little less top speed. If you increase voltage rather then amps your motor will spin faster and get a higher top speed. at the cost of a little less acceleration.

Upping the voltage will give your motor higher RPM and more top speed. If you run peak amp at 450 or 600 I don't think you need to worry about traction too much, at least not on a drag strip with the the sticky surface. But getting the throttle ramp up correct will stop you from flipping the bike due to high power unleashed at once.

For max acceleration run more amps. If you find yourself a controller that peaks at 600 amp it will accelerate quicker then one at 450.

I run the much smaller QS 205 and am pretty happy with its performance, the larger 273 must be insane :twisted:

Maybe I found now a new controller!
He is only working with 120VDC but can handle field weakening.
So the max current of motor can be reached now!

I made already a design for the bike and the frame is already in progress!

What do you mean with gothic garden gates?
Good or bad design?

I like this style but it will be the last bike project for me!

No it is not bad, it is just very different. Cool but different. Your bikes are purposed build to serve your need so that is very cool. Whats better then standing out from the crowd?

Here is like a mainstream wrought iron gate http://www.amoy-ironart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IMG_0991.jpg
Here is gothic gate http://www.sculpturalgates.com/new_images/gate23a.jpg

See the lines and curvatures of the design?

BLACK RAP-THOR died!
I will use the motor now for another bike project!

New motor arrived but still waiting on the frame :-(.
So I think to implement it in an available GSXR 1000
QS Motor, air cooled 273 80H version, 144V, 39,5kg, 14/34kW, 685A phase current, over 400Nm

You mean the parallel boards and the two time 400A fuse holder?
It's very easy ... First I wanna go with Emsiso emDrive500 controller.
120V/800A controller (field wreaking controller type) because QS-Motors said that motor can handle up to 800A.
Therefore I wanted to go with 4-6 parallel batteries and two times 400A main contactor. The price for this controller type is 1850€ here in Europe.
But then I got the information that 600A are enough for my 7T winding.
And so I decide me now to go with KHB14601 (176,4VDC battery supply, max 600A for one minute).
The parallel boards are to get the 4-6 parallel batteries to one voltage level when connecting them.
So they all should have the same voltage level and then no sparks will be created!
The fuse holders will be now equipped with two 300A fuses!
And this is the GSXR 1000 which is available

GSXR 1000 is stripped to 84kg.
Lamp cover is fixed.
Fork suspension will be reduced to max of 40mm full load conditions.

Wow, things are getting serious now. Cool.

You could probably drop close to 10-12 maybe even 15 kilos on the front end. Swapping the fork for a DH fork, with DH brakes and lighter rim and tire.
Or just keep it as it is, and roll up to the drag strip position with a silent and mean looking Gixxer.

Rovi said:
New motor arrived but still waiting on the frame :-(.
So I think to implement it in an available GSXR 1000
QS Motor, air cooled 273 80H version, 144V, 39,5kg, 14/34kW, 685A phase current, over 400Nm

That looks like the right hubmotor to make a very quick EV! Woot!!

litespeed said:
Looks like a fun build.

Tom

Yes, it is a fun build!
I only want to use the standard GSXR 1000 fork and lower it.
I cut off the GSXR 600 swing arm to check the adapters I have to design.
I want to build a variable swingarm ... not so easy with the axcle fixing but maybe I found now a solution.
So I can use standard wheel base distance ... up to 30cm over series (in 10cm steps).
How fast it will be I really do not now but hope to reach end speed within the 402m :) what ever it will be!

The weight of the complete bike will be around 150kg (42S4P) at the end, maybe 144kg if I go only with 42S3P but than the batteries will be stressed much more!

42s just that alone is amazing. I wonder what your quarter mile will be.

150/60-17 tyre in 4,5" rim of hubmotor

75mm fork suspension on no load

55mm ground clearance:
[youtube]J26WS4VpS5c[/youtube]

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

Now I put rear suspension back to the motorcycle and the tail rise up to the sky.
But with the self made lowering kit I get the tail back to ground and the fairing near the rear wheel has now 4,5cm distance to ground. So I have to wait until the rear swingarm will be ready.
At the moment it is not possible to leave the trail because of to steep ramp.
So for future I have to think about another solution to lift the bike up into and out of the trailer ;)

I have decided me now for the cheapest option of controller and
ordered now Kelly KHB14601C.

Rovi said:
I have decided me now for the cheapest option of controller and
ordered now Kelly KHB14601C.

Are you sure that the cheapest option is the Kelly? Iirc the price tag is well north of a 1.000 $?
I think QS has an APT controller that also runs high voltage > 120v and max phase 650 A. Should match the Kelly pretty much straight up. The APT controller is like 450-500 $ or so. It is a sine wave with ovs options.

So it should really be possible to to drive that 273 at max. Check with Vito, I am sure he will hook you up. Should make that gixxer fly of the line and still save you a nice chunk of change to spend an extra 8-900 $ on batteries and still leave you with enough money left for a few cases of your favorite beer.

Back