Motorhispania RYZ goes Electric(Photos+Video)

E-Chopper

10 W
Hello

So the last days i getting started the work on my "old " Motorhispania RYZ .

BILD0420.jpg

First i order the Parts (Motor"HPM300b" ,a raw rear Sprocket 75 T ,a 12T front sprocket ,and a raw Sprocket for adapt the front Sprocket to the Motor and a Motorholder plate made of Alu .

This time i test direct Order from the GM-Homepage in China i order it and use Paypal and 8 Days later the parcel arrive include QualityCheck papers etc. !! Great !!
First time (E-Chopper Projct) i order the Motor from my local Dealer i wait 60 Days and pay 100 bugs more and there where no Papers inside .
So in future i only use Direct order !

So the sign reveal the origin
paketchina.JPG

first i test the Motor because quality check Papers are good but i have to checking it myself (Ampere-RPM-and Voltage sag and ohm of coil )
testmpm.JPG

The "new" Motor looking differnt to the first one .I think the change some things ......the axis is now black and larger inside of the motor .
The old HPM3000 Motor you can see the inner side of the bearing-ring from the outside .Now there´s a bigger bearing and you cant see it from the outside because the axis is bigger .
May a picture can explain .
altermotor.JPG

the parts i need to get started now all arrived
parts.JPG

more work progress Pictures etc. will follow

Sorry for my bad english
Greeting Martin

hello again

so the bike was strip down
stripped.JPG

next picture show the DIY adapter i take a old drive shaft from the original Minerelli motor and weld it on the raw sprocket, and i also weld a splint pin on the inside .
Now it fit with the motor axis and i can change the sprocket any time against a bigger sprocket .
ritzel.JPG

next step was to adapt the raw rear sprocket to the tire .
radkranzl.JPG

i also rebuild the rear swinging arm and lubricate it .later i put the parts together ( my dog monitored all !)
mithinterachs.JPG

greetings
Martin

more Work more Pictures!!!

The next photos show the work on the motor bracket
probe%20halterung.JPG

halterungarbeit.JPG

arbeithalteruoben.JPG

it fits together so i weld it together !
arbeithalter.JPG

Grreeting
Martin

E-Chopper said:
i also rebuild the rear swinging arm and lubricate it .later i put the parts together ( my dog monitored all !)
mithinterachs.JPG

Nice work so far....my dogs also keep an eye on me when working. I think yours might be bigger than either of my present ones (Yogi and Teddy).

Gonna add a sidecar for him (her)?

Its a male Berhardiner we call him Sam . He is to big for a sidecar Height=90 Weight =75 meantime he had more weight then the Motorcycle :lol:
But i think Sam will love to ride in a side sidecar because he love to drive in my car and look out of the window and bark(friendly) at people :roll:

meantime i have some new pictures from my work on the bike ...

the sprocket is now mounted
IMG_4318.png

now work on the batteryholder is starting ..first bend the aluplatte

IMG_4319.png

IMG_4321.png

then fit it in the frame
IMG_4324.png

then bodywork
IMG_4325.png

the aluplatte from "downunder"
IMG_4322.png

now work on the top cover began .
first cut the raw shape of the alu
IMG_4330.png

again hammer out the form
IMG_4331.png

IMG_4327.png

try and adjust
Unbenannt.png

think its fin
IMG_4336.png

my DIY accu 14*10 pice18650 the pack had 50volt and 29Ah must be enough for some turns
1.png

inside the two Alu-Cover live the accu
IMG_4339.png

bye!

Looks awesome! Love the way you hide the components and the plates match the ruggedness of the bike.

I'm thinking on using the HPM3000 on a small motorcycle, any issues with yours?

Keep us posted! Both this and your E-Chopper are great inspiration material for me.

Hi steppe thanks for your comment !

The HPM3000b Motor ............. let me say it this way !!! you get what you paid for !!!
The Motor is closed there no ventilation slot .Thats good because no opportunity for mud or dust to get inside the Motor .
Otherwise thats bad because the motor fairing only add Heat to the Outside .
After 25min at full speed the Motor get dam hot and dam Hot is not good for Neodymmagnets .
So lets see how the Motor work the next years !
May one Day i drill some holes in the Motor to improve the cooling .

so the work continues

next step i use some old rear frame Parts to create the new Bike-Seat
IMG_4342.png

then i weld it together
IMG_4344.png

the seat is mounted and i test it........ feels like you sit on a moutain bike :D
i also mount the chain ! i cant find a chain thats long enough so i take two and build one long chain :?
IMG_4346.png

as you can see on the last picture the Cover for the Accu need´s attachment
so i weld 3 nut screw on the frame
IMG_4352.png

IMG_4354.png

now i can srew down the cover !!
IMG_4355.png

E-Chopper said:
Hi steppe thanks for your comment !

The HPM3000b Motor ............. let me say it this way !!! you get what you paid for !!!
The Motor is closed there no ventilation slot .Thats good because no opportunity for mud or dust to get inside the Motor .
Otherwise thats bad because the motor fairing only add Heat to the Outside .
After 25min at full speed the Motor get dam hot and dam Hot is not good for Neodymmagnets .
So lets see how the Motor work the next years !
May one Day i drill some holes in the Motor to improve the cooling .

Yeah, I'm thinking on buying one, but some people say to get a Motenergy or something else, but the price is pretty good for this motor.

Your build looks great, keep the pictures coming!

Nice build!

Sorry I couldn't help.

Regarding hte mtoor heat, did you ever see the Oil cooling motors threads?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=cool*+motor*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Hello again now i´m back from my Holidays .
And the working progress on the E-Cross can continued .
Nice to see so many Reply for this Project .

liveforphysics...thank you
eee291 ......Hallo und danke ...ja EV- Enthusiasten sind in AT doch sehr rar gesät
steppe .......the Pictures come soon "next Post"

Yesterday i laying the last Cables and i mount the Controller not my DIY -Controller now i use a VEC 200 .
My DIY Controller must wait for the next Project .
I also mount a 100A emergency stop switch .

After the Controller was connectet i take my first short test ride .............what should i say ..........it was amazing .
I first belive that without gearbox the Bike want go so fast but i getting instructed :arrow: because this Bike is really fast !!!
I dont have a speedometer on it but i think this bike could beat my E-Chopper(with gearbox) .

Next time i install my GPS Watch on it for know how fast this bike actually drive´s .

But before i take the next ride i have to build a cover for the Controller and some changes on the side stand because it touch the Chain .

Meantime i have a question ! On my E-Chopper and on the Actually Bike i always turn off the Power Switch(Controller switch "little Cable") and then i use the Big Power Switch to make shure there is no DC_Voltage on the Controller .
But is the last step really necessary . Or is it better to leave the Controller on Battery Voltage .
Every time i disconnect the Voltage and Connect it next time there is a big Spark(Because of the capacitor) .
What method is better for the Controller ????

Pictures on Working Progress will follow.......greetings Martin

Sorry I couldn't help.
E-Chopper said:
Every time i disconnect the Voltage and Connect it next time there is a big Spark(Because of the capacitor) .
If you look up "precharge" you'll find a lot of threads about how to fix that. :)

here are the Pictures "the raw mounted Controller"
controlla.png

picture show the stop Switch on the Top Case.... first time i dont want to install a emergency stop switch but then my mind says me you have to install one !!!
stop.png

this pic show were i mount the recharge -Socket
recharge%20(1).jpg

on the side stand i weld a old part from the usless rear frame that i dismantle (now the Chain had enough Space)!!!
ketteschleift.png

Last work on List :

.)Make cover for the Controller
.)find cheap offroad tires for the original rim
.)do a long offroad test ride (thats the funny part 8) )

next pictures come soon

Greetings Martin

Hallo Martin. Gute Arbeit!
(English guy from Canada switching language. Sorry. Hehe)
Notice you haven't mentioned yet where you got that large rear gear? Any info/links?
Cheers
Lock

Hi Lock---Dankeschön ;)

I get my rear Sprocket from this Shop on ebay http://www.ebay.at/itm/251125775736?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
(tooth selectable from 25T -75T for 420 Chainsize)

I forgot to say i change the transmission from 12T-75T to 11T-75T for even more torque now .

little info!
it is interesting my old vec300 controller work on torque mode(with no load the the motor always turn to max rpm the throttle only work with load)
the new vec300 that i ordered work in speed mode now it is possible to controll the speed of the motor without load .(may the change the software)!

Greetings
Martin

Hello!!! now the Work an the Cover is completed .
front side i mount the Cover with two srew´s and back side i use a elastic rubber band for easy and fast remove !!

vanunten.jpg

picture show the Bike from rear side
vanhinten.jpg

from the left side
vonseite.jpg

and this happy guy is the owner of this bike :mrgreen:
im.jpg

after a longer testride( +-10min) i was happy with the Result only improvment -
i change the position of the seat (height) .

now i save money for the cross tires .

meantime i think...... the conversion is well done

Hello ......little update

I Change the front sprocket again now from 10 to 9 tooth because on Long up-hill rides the bike gets slower after some time .
Unfortunately there is no 9t Sprocket availible for a AM6 drive shaft that i use .
So i had to make ist the DIY way ............. cut-rebuild -weld it -grinding
ritzel%20diy.JPG

last Picture Show the Raw sprocket without welding work .

The first AM6- 9 Tooth Sprocket in the World :)
First test ride with the fin sprocket show me that the bike is now Little bit slower but on up hill rides the bike maintain the Speed .

next update comeing soon (Fender+tires)

:lol: amazing what enthusiasm and angle grinder can get done!
is the sprocket steel not over brittle from welding?

i say this cause my uncles car was wrecked by a dodgy mechanic recently when he welded a pulley to the drive shaft , which promptly snapped the end off the driveshaft as the high carbon steel cooled :roll:

really nice work though. any reason you choose a mtb seat over a moto seat?

Update ...

I use a simple Inverter DC-Welder (work much better then a AC-Welder) but i use special Electrodes(BÖHLER FOX CN 23/12) .
This electrodes are expensive but they do good work also on weld high carbon steel with other steel sorts .
There is no special reason i mount this seat ...i think it looks good ( DerbiSenda 50 Projekt).

Here is a picture from the fin sprocket sorry......not much to see the most of the sprocket is covered by Chain .
a.png

The new Enduro Tires are mounted the "drive" is now much better .
Now i also mount a front Fender because the mud shoot into my face while drive the bike ........ thats not so funny.
last work to do ...the rear fender ..
b.png

greetings
martin

update:
the last work on the Bike was fin.

I build a chain guard(little wheel) because on higher jump the Chain touch the upper frame .
IMG0036A.jpg

Then i create a rear fender from a old Aprilia front Fender and mount it ......... i also paint it black .
and i also mount the Holder for my "lawfully" license plate for legal Street use :twisted: .

IMG0034A.jpg

IMG0031A.jpg

IMG0032A.jpg

on the last picture you can see that i wired the Start Key ......before i use the mainswitch i use the Key -switch for activate a antispark circut with a 500 Ohm powerresistor .
So the Capacitor get precharge carefully and also get unload safty after switch off ! meanwhile it work great !

May one day i made a little Video .... Bike in action ...

Meanwhile i think this Project is now really Fin ! :D

Hi again !

So last week i used my holiday for make a little Video for show that this bike really drive .
Regardless of the weather every free time i use it for a little ride !
Meantime i really love this Bike it is pure fun to drive that "thing" .
Only weak point is the weather and the temperatures below zero (Well that I have the battery isolated) .

[youtube]8fHEAnsG5ss[/youtube]

Greetings
Martin

Sad story... Martin will have to do his conversion all over again. (Some wealthy guy comes out of the woodwork... offers Martin stupid/huge amounts of Euros...) Hopefully will start buying X-times numbers of component parts. To go into the assembly business. :wink:

:D

So my girlfriend first ask me ! "why you make promotion for your part supplieres" :?:
And i told her.... i dont want to make promotion :!: for me it´s more important that the people who want to build a DIY Bike herself not have to search such i long time i do !!

In the beginning of my interest in E-Vehicles it was really difficult to find some Factory who had the parts i´m searching for .
There lot of Factorys out there but the price difference is amazing .
Also i saw many Video´s on YT from DIY Bikebuilders and i ask my self what kind of motor they use what kind of controller ........

Reading some forum post on ES was really helpfully (if i think back ...i searching long time for cheap 18650 Panasonic cells.... most sellers had huge price for one single cell(>7eur)!! then i read a post on ES from a Onlinshop in Europe ->Netherlands they had the cheapest cells for Europe possible (>2,5eur) .
If i dont have this informations i never would do a DIY Bike or DIY Accu because i´m not Richie Rich .

So i hope for some People the "promotion " can be helpfully .

greetings
Martin

Back