My biggest motor yet...it's 6 phase Hubmonster time!

Voltron

1 MW
Another great CL score.... One of the relatively rare big scooters with the 6 phase/dual controller set up. It's the cheaper lead acid one, with an old pack, but it spins up and drives around. A little battered from dropping, but all the lights and signals work, and it only has 968 miles on the odometer. Time to be re reading all the 6 phase hot rodding threads!

KIMG0080-800x450.JPG

KIMG0081-800x450.JPG

That's awesome, looks like that motor can take decent power. Is it 48V stock? You would probably want to replace the controllers and run a much higher voltage like 20S or 30S LiPo / 18650 to really hot rod it.

These are 60v stock. They come with lead acid or lithium. I think they top at 45 to 50mph. Can't remember. We sell these where I work. Very few maintenance. Either brakes or tire change. We have a couple old stock with not the greatest batteries for around 1600$. The last lithium one we have is going for 2500$

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Well, the motor seems great, but feels so bogged down by the weight. The scooter is pretty terrible, it has a pull to one side, and if you lean far enough to compensate, it's starts into a nice front wheel shimmy. I'm used to the 40mph, no hands for miles feel of my bike, the heavy pull to one side is not very relaxing The front brake is pretty locked up, it seems like the little window for sighting the fluid up at the lever leaked and the brake cylinder has gone crusty from being empty. Even with low miles, the getting jacked around by people who didn't recognize the special motor, and the getting parked for years has left its mark.
The giant plus is, you can feel the motor wanting to wind up. I hit 45 mph and you could tell it was just getting rolling and begging for more power.

You have to take off a good chunk of the body plastics to get to where you can check the batteries... That's a honking big pile of lead.

KIMG0088-800x450.JPG

KIMG0087-800x450.JPG

The plastic golf club heads were inside... Somebody's kids lost part of their play world.

Ya what do you need. On the plastics. Tell me the tire size on yours. I think there 12 but can't remember. PM me and I'll give you my number. I'll post a pick of what my boss is building but will never finish.(starts projects never finishes.) It's this scooter but he's making it a 3 wheeler.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Back