When I whas doing some more testing i heard a sparking noise when switching on the bike.
so i disconnected the pre-charge circuit and inspect it.
What probably happened, the mosfet failed do to over stress 3300uF at 112V is a bit to much for the TO-220 mosfet, the next time I "started" the bike the inrush blew the track off the pcb. I wanted something better, a online search came up with the LTC4252 "hot swap controller" normally used in 48V systems,
but spec'd up to 500V so that's good. tested the chip in simulation "LTspice", in the simulation you can also measure the die temp of the mosfet.
small mosfets will be killed instantly in this application, so i went for the IRFP250 cheap high voltage and good soa graph.
The bonus of using the LTC4252 is that it times out if the charge takes to long, this saves the mosfet when the output is shorted.
Build up the cell monitoring boards for all 28 cells. And started work on the code for the cell modules and the master unit. Doing the minimum at this point.
I want to be able to monitor the cell voltage during testing. The cell modules are sleeping most of the time, when the master sends a message
the cell modules will wake up and do what the master wants.
The frame is painted and the side panels are cut to size, will probably paint the aluminium end caps today.
And assemble the hole think after mounting the cell module pcbs.
Because i want to keep a original look to the bike, i want to keep the original dials. To make them useful i ordered instrument cluster stepper motors. 3d printed some adapters to mount the motors to the original dials. A arduino will read data From the sabvoton and sets the steppers accordingly. The temp dial will become the battery indicator and the rev counter will become the power meter.