78.5 KB · Views: 2,580
  • Z7.jpg
    Z7.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,580
  • Z8.jpg
    Z8.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 2,580
Well done!
What are the specs (motor type, voltage, controller, wattage)?
And let us know how it goes with acceleration, top speed end range.
Extra photo's and maybe a video are more than welcome... :wink:

Motor:Mars ME 0810 Permanent Magnet DC , 48v DC motor,4.8 KW continuous and 15 KW for 1 minute

Controller:Kelly KD72401.The controller is limited at 300Amps max,since motor can pull 300Amps for 1 minute.

Charger:A chinese 48v/300watt.Needs about 8 hours if battery is completely dead.But i never let the battery to drop under 50% DOD.

Max speed: 75km/h

Acceleration:Not measured, but not bad despite the heavy batteries.

Range:About 20-25Km ,having in mind not to suck all the power.Dreaming of Lithium....

Sure a lot things to upgrade, but even like this it's a good commuter.

The only problem is the registration here in Greece.What's the law in such occasions in other countries??? :roll:

I don't know if it's possible in Greece to have it approved as a conversion from gasoline to electric? It will be a L3 classification motorcycle in EU vehicle classification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_category
If you need to get an new approval/licenceplate check with your local authorities if a single specific DIY approval is possible.

It looks interesting so far, but I thought when I read "Zero Electric Motorcycle" that you were building one of these:

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

oops! :shock: i mean Zero Emission Motorcycle...

Anyway...we can call it from now on Zero emission electric Motorcycle (ZeeM) :D

Zeem zeem zeem goes zoom zoom zoom? ;)

BTW, when you can eventually change to a Lithium type pack, you'll probably enjoy it even more. I definitely liked losing the lead in my stuff.

amberwolf said:
Zeem zeem zeem goes zoom zoom zoom? ;)

BTW, when you can eventually change to a Lithium type pack, you'll probably enjoy it even more. I definitely liked losing the lead in my stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think my lead battery pack will last until the first graphene pack shows up :D I am already dreaming of a graphene supercapacitor power bank :mrgreen:

Walt said:
Nice bike, and great job with electrical motor.

Thank you man!!!
My second build will be 10 times better...somewhere in the future :lol:

Back