Derbi senda with hacker motor

bionicon

1 kW
Hello everybody I want to share my latest project. Its not finisched yet but i have already 9 hours of drive-fun:) :D
Its made out a derbi senda with alu-frame adjusted to adapt the new motor and batterybox. The motor is the hacker Q150 -45 with 71 rpm/volt, a 14s lippo battery with 5kwh capacity. It works with the the hacker hst350 controller ,totall weight is about 85kg.
Till now its the most fast electric bike i ever did drive it hauls like crazy and cannot give full trottle yet(some settings must be adjusted.) Before i played with the idea to put that motor on a bicycle, but now it scares me :lol: I will make a short video soon, here some pics of the building:endless 22.jpgendless 21.jpgendless 20.jpgView attachment 3endless 18.jpgendless 17.jpgendless 16.jpgendless 15.jpgendless 13.jpgendless 12.jpgView attachment 10endless 9.jpgendless 8.jpgView attachment 13endless 6.jpgendless 5.jpgendless 4.jpgendless 1.jpgView attachment 18

Cool to see the build process. As I said before. Fantastic build. I think you have a very special motor and controller combo. Insane power yet light as a feather.

Look forward to see videos.

Looks fun. You might want to monitor for heat from eddy currents where the rotating motor magnets are close to the frame.

Great conversion^^
the "motor box" is a good idea to give that motor protection against dirt and water.
does the rotor show magnetism on the outside? if no, than there should not be a problem with additional losses as mentioned before.

there is almost nothing available about the haker stuff in the internet and you are the only person in ES i know who runs such drive system. please keep us updated.

thx everybody for the nice comments, gonna try to make a short video next weekend. Just finished a long weekend at the sea with the bike :D I did ride it everyday and the longest trip was arround 120km long(cell voltage was then 3.7 volt so not empty yet) this at a average speed of 40km/h.Top speed is arround 85km/h.
It has not the wheely -torque at take-of but accelerate fast, I will try to capture that with a video :lol:

Video. Nice. Your build is so clean and uncluttered. Really nice craftsmanship. And that color just makes it all look even better. Seems factory build.

Here is a short video ,the only thing i am missing a bit is the starting-torque maybe i can get this better with adjustment the controller :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d05nyf3hOo8

Carl, this is awsome work!
I am realy excited reading your posts.
I also have custom motorbike but I used revolt motor.
Are you able to make some photos, showing front sprocket and whole chain transmision?
What is the distance betwen axle of the motor and axle of the swingarm?

I took the Hacker Q100 (38mm stator) on the shortlist for a middrive setup.
The problem (aside from the price :) ) i see is there is no axle coming out on the backside where a sprocket can be mounted to.

bionicon, how did you manage to install such on your Q150? On one photo i can see a small solid axle with another bearing.
A few more pics would be nice to see.

and how do you like the HST controller?
The small Herkules 5 seems to be AWESEOM from the specs. True FOC 4-quadrant control, hall sensor input etc etc. What a nice 2kW+ controller, but certainly out of my budget...

Hey Madin, ik know the problem of the tiny axle it was first 8mm thick (too small) i drilled the 8mm to 12 mm thats better, but not the best solution i know .(the axle is at two places fasten with m8 screws and because i use regenaration also the power direction is at two sides whats hard on the screws)
This winter i gonna change direction of the motor and use the other side (there is also good bearing and it work like an inrunner)and use a 19mm axle direct bolt on the motor, maybe i use another extra bearing for support.

8mm axle is truly a problem, and from the pics it looks like it has no support where it comes out of the motor.
https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/hacker/prodpic/Q150-4M-10107589_b_2.JPG
It is an axle in an hollow axle which is only meant to center the prop think.
hmm..

If you would mount the motor backwards i guess you would need to change the mounting bracket and fabricate a bolt-on axle with additional support (similar as you did with the 8mm axle).

have you thought about fabricating an axle and attach it backwards to the prop adapter with a tight fit into the hollow shaft:

imMeIe.jpg

similar as Neu Motor offers for the 8057 type:

11638_gr.jpg

I would do it like this on the Q100.

You can mount an custom axle at the propside thats what i am planning to do.Maybe supported with an extra bearing.

eprom1.PNGeprom2.PNG

Hi i am trying to set my controller right , trying to get more startpower (wheelypower:))
Can anybody look at the screenshots i took, and tell me what i must change?

bionicon said:
Hi i am trying to set my controller right , trying to get more startpower (wheelypower:))

I believe nobody here aside from you has experience with these Hacker controllers.
Don't they offer support?

madin88 said:
bionicon said:

I believe nobody here aside from you has experience with these Hacker controllers.
Don't they offer support?

Yes the support is great ,
and have already used it several times, but do not want to bother them too much.Also i want to learn it myself.

bionicon said:
can somebody maybe explain line 27 and 28 of the list? Thx

27 would be change in amps per pwm cycle and 28 would be the duty cycle increase limit per cycle. That's my guess anyway.

flat tire said:
bionicon said:
can somebody maybe explain line 27 and 28 of the list? Thx

27 would be change in amps per pwm cycle and 28 would be the duty cycle increase limit per cycle. That's my guess anyway.

Thx, already changed motor and controller , now its a qs 138 motor 3000w and a sabvoton 72200 controller,this combo gives me way more torque :D

Back