Street tracker build

Toby82

100 mW
About two years from when the idea of building an electric flat tracker style street bike first started to now and I finally having a rolling bike to show.
Frame and swingarm has been designed from ground up and will suit either an Emrax 228 or zero 75-7 motor and around 5 kWh of lipo.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Attachments

• bike 017.jpg
    bike 017.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 6,593
  • bike 012.jpg
    bike 012.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6,593
  • bike 009.jpg
    bike 009.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 6,593
  • bike 005.jpg
    bike 005.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 6,593
It's looking great Toby! Love the use of the battery box as a structural element!

Cool! I just made another 550 cell order, but half of them are spoken for. I should have about 240 left. Might be a bit short of what you need but we can always order more.

Hi Dean,

I'm down in Valentine on lake Macquarie.

Hopefully bike will progress quite alot between now and Christmas. I'm currently held up awaiting parts.

Cheers Toby

Nice nice! That motor should be good for peaks of 50 kW right?

This drive train setup is what Zero is running in the 2017 SR. Zero states 52kw peak and 775 amp. I'll start with a 5.4:1 gear ratio so should get decent acceleration with around 850nm delivered to the rear wheel...

Nice build. Clever use of the battery box as part of the frame. This thing will fly with the new motor and controller combo.

Coming along nicely. Man there are some really great builds going on now here on ES.
Keep up the great work. Look forward to see videos of the completed build.

What about air flow for the motor shell? Are you pulling air from the front of the battery box?

Looking good! That motor should move a bike of that mass pretty nicely.
Sing out when you're ready for batteries.

Real nice build!

macribs said:
Coming along nicely. Man there are some really great builds going on now here on ES.
Keep up the great work. Look forward to see videos of the completed build.

What about air flow for the motor shell? Are you pulling air from the front of the battery box?
Cheers mate. Current design has Air flow channeled from underside of battery box up along front side of motor.

spinningmagnets said:
Do you have any pics of the build?
I'll dig out some more pics of frame build and CNC work over coming week.

jonescg said:
Looking good! That motor should move a bike of that mass pretty nicely.
Sing out when you're ready for batteries.
Thanks mate. I have been considering using 18650 (25r) cells in a 28s24p layout but I'll throw you an email to discuss.

It's been a year since we had some updates Toby - give us some photos! :mrgreen:

Update of what I have now labeled the Concept Z. Pictures are of the bike on display at the recent Aussie EV Expo at Sydney Olympic Park.

I will upload more pictures to the thread with time.

Instagram users can jump on to the Ed Motorcycles profile to find a few more build pictures: http://instagram.com/edmotorcycles

Cheers

IMG_20191025_182129292.jpgIMG_20191025_182149744.jpg

Stoked in getting a feature in Pipeburn last week with the Concept Z.

I'll have some footage up soon.

https://www.pipeburn.com/high-voltage-flat-tracker-concept-z-by-ed-motorcycles/

Congrats on getting the build published. Serious cool build.

How about them pics from the build process? :wink:

Back