Welcome to Arc Vector electric motorcycles

macribs

10 MW
New for me the Arc Vector, there is an article here; https://electrek.co/2018/11/06/arc-vector-electric-motorcycle/

Super light weight. Only 220 kilo.
The 95 kW Arc Vector is rated for a top speed of 150 mph (241 km/h).

Zero-60 mph acceleration takes just 2.7 seconds

Range is estimated at 120 miles (193 km) on the highway or 170 miles (274 km) in the city.

Only 355 units will be produced, pushing the price to an extreme £90,000 ($117,000). The Arc Vector definitely isn’t an everyman’s electric motorcycle – it’s for millionaires that value the uniqueness and sustainability that the Arc Vector represents.
Arc also made some very cool add-ons. What about a HUD helmet connected to a rear view camera? Blind spot detecting? Or haptic clothing? A jacket that also provides tactile feedback, such as giving a rider physical cues when a car is approaching from behind.

Butcher you savings account and take out a second mortgage on the house and hope your wife leaves you so you don't need to get a costly divorce. :D

Stole some pics:

1I927ib.jpg

4AUyfE5.jpg

uFbZekU.jpg

b6fzPRZ.jpg

Saw this on youtube today;

[youtube]f41gQIavRB8[/youtube]

Rechargeable within 45 Minutes sounds not bad but I think 200 miles will be not reached by normal riding as you do it with a normal combustion bike. There will be a BMS installed which will reduce the power to protect the battery system as Tesla did it.

But the design looks very cool. I really like the combination of wood, leather, carbon, aluminum, etc.

But for official presenting I am missing the HOT GIRLS for such a expensive motorcycle!

Yeah the old ways of presenting bikes, cars and oter manly gadgets with pretty girls scattered was better. Now matter what your thoughts was on the product you still got some eye candy :D

As for range, real world tests will show what to expect. When it comes to electric motorcycles I must say range is not critical anymore. What Zero et.al already can muster is plenty. When your body is sore from riding it is nice to take a break anyway. Rapid charging however could get a little more attention still. Most users will anyway do the charging at home at night and seldom need to charge or top up during rides, at least if we look at what the average motorcycle riders do of riding each season. Sure some touring riders or hard core long-ride-enthusiasts might not feel they get their needs met yet, but those can choose different bikes. The rest of us get plenty of range already.

I like the fact that we see even more power then Zero manges, after all. Power, acceleration and the feel of speed is the main reason many of us can shake the motorcycle bug no matter how old we get.

I like the design, but I doubt they'll sell 10 of them much less 355. There have been several boutique electric motorcycle builders over the years and they're mostly (all?) out of business now. In a world where Zero sells similar performance at the $15-20k mark, pricing at $100k+ is not a viable strategy.

Back