Domain name switch - may be an interruption on the 22nd

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member
I'm switching our domain name to another provider and our previous one has made it overly complex to pull off. I have attempted to prevent any potential downtime during this switch, but after being on the phone with both providers for a few hours, neither say there is a way to prevent this due to how things were set up.

There may be a few hr period where endless sphere is not accessible as a result while we make this switch.

If you cannot access endless sphere, you can go to https://138.197.232.176 and click 'proceed' in chrome. In firefox, you will be given a similar option. It will look like this:

2021-02-18 19_06_04-Window.png

This is not inherently unsafe in any way. It's just that the HTTPS certificate is only valid for endless-sphere.com, not 138.197.232.176.

Does this mean it's all done? Didn't see a problem myself, which is outstanding given how bad my internet gets here.

goofus-4.jpg

It appears our domain name provider wants to drag it out till the 22nd.. blaming the 'internet speed'..
..and that's exactly why we're getting away from that company. :roll:

Timeline adjusted..

Also, loved the meme :thumb:

Domain switched. We are currently switching DNS servers. You may see a little blip, or maybe not. Most of the pain is over :thumb:

Looks like the transition to the new name servers has gone well. Looks like we're in the clear. Let me know if you experience a blip :lowbatt:

This went way smoother than i expected.

Forum surgery is over for now. :)

Back