Profile doesn't allow URL

Hey everyone,
Just tried pasting the URL to my website and facebook page in my profile when I went to add my location, and...it wouldn't accept them. i tried writing in non URL form first and that didn't work either.

Click > User Control Panel > Profile > Edit signature

I changed my signature to look like this:

Matteo's Mobile Bicycle repair
https://matteosbikerepair.com

It's a great honor to advertise your Mobile Bicycle Repair business.

Congratulations, you found a bug in phpBB that is so elementary that i can only laugh at it.

The issue is that you have an apostrophe, aka ' character in your username. This is preventing the database from writing your profile update. I would ditch this account and create a new one using a different email address.

If you want, i can delete your profile so that you can use the same email address to sign up again.

marty said:
Click > User Control Panel > Profile > Edit signature

I changed my signature to look like this:

Matteo's Mobile Bicycle repair
https://matteosbikerepair.com

It's a great honor to advertise your Mobile Bicycle Repair business.

Thanks Marty! no need though really. I was just trying to put it in my profile

neptronix said:
Congratulations, you found a bug in phpBB that is so elementary that i can only laugh at it.

The issue is that you have an apostrophe, aka ' character in your username. This is preventing the database from writing your profile update. I would ditch this account and create a new one using a different email address.

If you want, i can delete your profile so that you can use the same email address to sign up again.

Hey Neptronix, hmm would that delete all the posts i've made? I put a post in the ebike technical page that im really hoping to hear back about doing the non physical set up for my first Dual motor install. just how to balance the motor usage..and set the RShunt value..find the OHM's of my one Grinfeon controller....so maybe after I hear back hopefully on that topic we could delete the account? otherwise..i mean its not so necessary for me to put my website/fb url in my account..i just thought to share incase theres any other bike mechanics here that would find it an inspiring business model ive been successfull with for several years.

I may be able to get away with just changing your username and removing the ' instead of deleting the account.
Let me know what you want to do via PM :thumb:

FWIW, this (or some related problem) prevents removal of some spammers.... (not that anything can be done about it, just mentioning it because it came to mind).

Back