First battery pack build, does my design look OK?

Valman

100 mW
Before I spot weld this bad boy up, I'd be hugely grateful for any advice, should you notice something 'wrong'

91x samsung 35e in 7s13p configuration, so a 24v system which will have a continuous load of around 13A, and a theoretical peak of 74a for 10 seconds which will probably never/rarely happen.

I don't think my design is a very common one, but its the most space efficient for me.

The nickel is very pure and 0.15mm

I'd especially like to know if I should be thinking about doubling up on layers of nickel, or anywhere that the 0.15 nickel alone would likely be insufficient.

Also any advice on the best place to attach the bms wires to. Thanks!

I was extremely careful not to short anything while laying out the nickel for photo purposes

Valman said:
Before I spot weld this bad boy up, I'd be hugely grateful for any advice, should you notice something 'wrong'

91x samsung 35e in 7s13p configuration, so a 24v system which will have a continuous load of around 13A, and a theoretical peak of 74a for 10 seconds which will probably never/rarely happen.

I don't think my design is a very common one, but its the most space efficient for me.

The nickel is very pure and 0.15mm

I'd especially like to know if I should be thinking about doubling up on layers of nickel, or anywhere that the 0.15 nickel alone would likely be insufficient.

Also any advice on the best place to attach the bms wires to. Thanks!

I was extremely careful not to short anything while laying out the nickel for photo purposes

The layout looks fine to me! Just remember when you go to put the final leads on, you will need to bring all of the current into one point, so perhaps buy some 18 gauge wire and solder 13 lengths onto the final terminals of the cell interconnects (not the face of the cell, just off to the side, on the nickel). And then bring all 13 wires together into one single connector. These from Kart I presume?

Thanks very much for the advice. Yes, I got the nickel and plastic honeycomb cell parts from the polish kart company, very happy with their products. I'll solder on some thick gauge wire along the final negative and positive strips as you suggest - but other than that, should I be putting on more 'layers' of nickel first as well?

Yes. Design looks good. And as jonescg said: Try to spread the load of the main wires across the whole lenght of the nickel. Soldering in between welding spots is a good way to do it.
And: No need to quote the WHOLE post, bloats up everything. We are able to follow this thread anyway ;)

Back