Duty question: Any Canadians order a battery from em3ev?

As the title says, any Canadians order from em3ev?

From my understanding batteries are category 4... So this would mean you pay 8% duties plus the GST/HST? So someone from Ontario pays 13+8 = 21% higher then listed price, or am I missing something?

I've ordered a few from them. On the last one, I don't recall paying much or anything at all for duties. Em3ev does a good job of trying to make sure their customer doesn't get hit with import fees/duties. I have another one on the way this week from them so I can let you know after it arrives.

FYI

My em3ev battery order arrived today (July 5) and was in good shape. The order was placed June 5. The battery left their facility on June 11 and the tracking number was given to me on June 17. It arrived in Canada (Richmod, BC) on June 28.

I paid $0 import fees/duties delivered to my door. The delivery time was right on track with my past em3ev orders.

Thanks, its a good sign, we will see if I get the same luck. I placed my order about a week ago. Not shipped yet tho, it was delayed when they saw I had no charger as part of my order (ordered the satiator from ebikes as the price is about the same + 0 chance of duties issues from a canadian seller).

Kind of shock how long shipping takes tho.

Back