Battery/cell monitor for non-bms battery

artvk

100 mW
Hi ,

Im builind battery without bms but now I would like to have cell monitor device, voltage monitor indeed, for safety reason while charging.
Im will use with 20S 21P ( 2 x 10S21P module)

What you guys use for this ?
Any buying source/link would be appreciate

Cheers

There are battery medics 1-6s, battery voltage meter 1-8s with or without discharge and balance functionality. Max is 8 series what I know so you need at least the amount of packs that you disassemble your pack into. so if you have 4x 5s packs that's 4 meters.

Priced from about 10-50$ each.

leffex said:
There are battery medics 1-6s, battery voltage meter 1-8s with or without discharge and balance functionality. Max is 8 series what I know so you need at least the amount of packs that you disassemble your pack into. so if you have 4x 5s packs that's 4 meters.

Priced from about 10-50$ each.

Thank a lot.

the best for cell voltage monitoring is celllog
what is special about CELLLOG is alarm output , it is open collector output which can be configured as NC or NO
normally opened or normally closed.
also buzzer if voltage of any cell falls below preset or rise above preset voltage.
you can build circuit around it with LVC alarm
or HVC /for charging/.
Battery Doctor does not have alarm output but have painfully slow balancing function.

I have done this with success for over 6yrs you need to use high quality cells for good results. My cells are A123 20ah pouches 24s so four 6s sense wire. And leave something on the bottom. Never fully discharge.

nice but Celllog seem to be discontinued right now according search in google.
Do you have any alternative option ? Battery Medic ?

Appreciate all suggestion comments

Back