Li-ion smart charger recomendation?

Dantech

1 mW
I'm sure there's 100's of unit available, but looking for something that will charge as well as diagnose 18650 cells. I've been reading some reviews about the Opus BT 3400, but would rather trust what this community recommends. Thanks in advance !! Dan.

Just get a imax b6 mini.
It does everything you can think of and more. With the nicad option you can trickle charge dead cells up to their minimum voltage and then finish off with the regular lipo charge function.
You can also control it from pc and get even more data from your batteries.

Thanks for those recommendations. I'm totally new to this, so excuse my ignorance because I actually have no idea as to what I really need. I don't want to buy something only to find out later I should have bought another model because the one I bought is lacking an option.
My plan is to purchase new cells in bulk, and I'd like to be able to have the "charger" tell me the AH of the cells so that I can make a pack using all cells that have similar capacities. Being able to do this to multiple cells at once is a must as the battery I want to build will have 60+ cells.

999zip999 said:
Buy good quality new cells from good supplier and you should not need to test. All from same manufacture and same batch.

Well my plan is to purchase cells from China from a reputable supplier, but I still don't trust anything Chinese, so I will definitely want to test them all before I build a pack. I will eventually start a new thread about where to get these cells, but would like to hear where you get yours? I'm located in Canada, so my availability is a lot less than in the US. So far I have not found anyone here in Canada that can supply quality cells.

thunderheart said:
Try Miboxer C4-12 if you need a charger (not discharger). Revived some 0V cells with it. Excellent monster

I just checked out that link, and it seems like that's what I'm looking for. One disadvantage is that it will not discharge. Is this a problem, or do you know of another unit that has all the same options as well as discharge mode? Thx

Can A dee Say. Youin the new for sale section there is a canada cell a little expansive but can a dee say money plus cheaper shipping and you can punch him in the nose in you don't like it. Or they IMR battery in Texas. Wait what kind of money ? How does that work out in China and usa ?

I recommend the opus btc3400. I have two of them, you can test/check 4 cells at a time 1 amp charge/discharge per cell. It can also test/check lifepo4 cells. Since it runs off a 12 volt wallwart its easy to run off a 12 volt lithium battery.
To revive dead cells you need the foxnovo 4s, its what I use.
The opus is expensive at 40 dollars but its worth it.

Dantech said:
thunderheart said:
Try Miboxer C4-12 if you need a charger (not discharger). Revived some 0V cells with it. Excellent monster

I just checked out that link, and it seems like that's what I'm looking for. One disadvantage is that it will not discharge. Is this a problem, or do you know of another unit that has all the same options as well as discharge mode? Thx

If you need to check and compare the capacity of cells you NEED discharging function because capacity should be measured during discharging, not charging. So C4-12 isn't your choice. Check out XTAR Dragon. It also comes with dedicated probes for IR measuring and charges 3S packs but it's expensive.

999zip999 said:
As fipply said imax b6 mini, but you need a power supply biy as a combo. Check around lots of reviews.
anything between 11 and 18V works, so you can use any 12v power supply you can find in a box somewere. just needs to supply enough power for your charge loads. 2~3A is enough usually for single cell charging. i just use a old pc power supply so i can run multiple chargers at the same time.

Back