Battery kit - Does it need spot welding?

cwah

100 MW
Hello,

I'm not clear about this product:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32838272069.html

It looks like a kit I could assemble just with some screws. But the description says welding. I'm not sure if it's the english that is wrong, or if it needs to do spot welding on top of that?

From what I see it looks like it doesn't need to?

Thanks

It does require spot welding. Those are just holders and not modules with contacts.

Shunt said:
It does require spot welding. Those are just holders and not modules with contacts.

If you look at the nick strip, you can see little groove which would force contact with the cell:
HTB1fVvJc3aH3KVjSZFjq6AFWpXad.jpg

HTB1PHvQc8Cw3KVjSZFlq6AJkFXaR.jpg

So does it really requires spot welding? The pressure from the screw and the little groove will guarantee contact

"3. Battery holder can be spliced by locking bar. Holder and locking bar is separate design. Then it is ok to weld small battery pack firstly, and then to assemble big battery pack. (Another factory holder only can be assembled firstly, and then to weld battery pack. It is not good for big battery pack assemble) "

It's intended to keep the cells secure , but they still have to be welded.

Even those Vruzend caps that have spring loaded contacts have to be secured with bolts basically to maintain enough pressure . Physics just isn't kind to pressure contact methods of battery building. Probably the best solution that doesn't involve welding is AmTech https://18650.lt

The plastic parts just hold the cells in place laterally.

The copper thread is to provide contact from wires with crimped ring-terminals to that section of spot-welded conducting nickel plate.

The locking tabs let smaller blocks be physically connected into big packs.

Looks pretty well thought out to me, but the layout, wiring specs etc would require a bit of design know-how.

Back