Plethora of Litespeedbikes.com chargers on eBay.... Whats the deal?

DogDipstick

100 kW
I ahve seen a bunch of these come up in the recen weeks on eBay.

Anybody know what is up with them, and why ebAy has no chargers forever, then five of these pop up on mutipul accounts over the last few weeks domestically?

Anybody know if they are good chargers ( I would assume so, carrying Litespeed logo, but they are secondhand? Certainly Litespeed is not selling them, but they are labeled as "new?" Lol... How?? ), junk, rejects, o stolen? Something shady is what I am worried about.

Example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/72v-12a-Fa...895397?hash=item56e027d965:g:zEkAAOSwKeBfE1tJ

Example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/72v-1-12a...778061?hash=item2aed1dc6cd:g:EB4AAOSwvfRduOAe ( BTW dont buy from that guy he ripped me off b4)....

Any help is appreciated.

Ty.

Attachments

• Litecharger.jpg
    Litecharger.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 632
If they all showed up at the same time, then the likelihood is that they are all from the same source, and the sellers are all either in hte same physical area or are even actually all the same seller with several accounts (especially if you know some are actual scammers) (despite whatever information they may have up there; if they seem to be selling the same kinds of things then this becomes even more likely).

I expect there is a fair bit of stuff on ebay that "fell off the back of a truck". :/

I just bought an identical model from Ali Express for 108 euros.
Arrived in under 2 weeks. (Bought from a store I have used a lot without problems).
Plugged it in and it showed the correct voltage (They are fixed voltage and you have to specify what voltage you need, only the amps output is adjustable).
However, it did not put out any charge. I double checked the connections and also checked the bike battery via bluetooth BMS and confirmed it was connected but not putting out any charge.
(22s5p 26650 pack sitting at 79v).
I could not do anymore checking, as the charger then exploded (and I do not exaggerate) and caught fire.
I have opened a dispute.
Conclusions, I am just very unlucky, or they are dangerous pieces of equipment.I would also add, this store I used, offers drop shipping. So maybe you can have your logo added as well.

miro13car said:
Santacruz,
did you open damaged charger?
which components burned, capacitors, MOSFETs?...

I only opened it to see and take a photo of the damage, to send to the seller.
It looks like the main relay at the output circuit, but I have not gone that far into it.

Attachments

• 20200818_192511 (2).jpg
    20200818_192511 (2).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Charge1.jpg
    Charge1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 491
  • Charge 2.jpg
    Charge 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 491
Damn, that’s a hard pass for me. Thanks for the warning. Glad it didn’t catch your house on fire.

ironhalo said:
Damn, that’s a hard pass for me. Thanks for the warning. Glad it didn’t catch your house on fire.

So am I. Luckily, no damage, only the charger and so far 2 days of that horrible burnt electronics smell :(

Good example of why you don't put the charger on the pile of old newspapers, or on carpet.

You all know why my chargers all operate outside nowdays.

Find the name brand charger that has an identical box and controls, and these are from that assembly line on the infamous "third shift", using crappy parts.

Sony used to be revered as one of the premium 18650 cell makers, but Fukushima forced them to close down the VTC factory in Japan, and Sony opened a new factory in the Philippines.

Apparently, some of the factory workers started a "third shift" using sub-standard parts and with cheaper ingredients.

If you buy a name-brand drill that has Sony's (DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, etc), they are certain to be authentic. However, the single-cells sold for vapes and flashlight have a very high percentage of counterfeits, made right on the actual Sony assembly line.

Just an update.
I got my money back after opening a dispute. The seller constantly said that I had wired it up wrong. Not sure how plugging something in that is already made, is wiring it up wrong. Then the seller said that they use blue for positive and brown for negative.
However, I did check the output for polarity before I tried to use it and it was correct.
But, all through the dispute the seller insisted I did something wrong.
Anyway, I would also like to suggest that anyone using Igogogo store on Ali express, do so with caution.

I have now bought a Wate charger which is performing flawlessly and was 60 euro cheaper.
I have also bought a large Buck Booster and Meanwell power supply, as I plan to build my own adjustable power / voltage charger.

Back