BMS Amps question ?

Sparfuchs

1 kW
Hello EV friends,

i have a 20s6p battery pack with samsung 35e cells and a 50A BMS. In the datasheet of the pack it says continuous 50A and peak 150A. So if each cell can do 8 amps continuous discharge and there are 20 serial, the battery could theoretical do 160 A (8A x 20s) continuous but is limited by the BMS right ? As the BMS says 50 A and i can't check if its really 150A peak i asked the seller for the BMS datasheet but don't understand it because some parts are chinese. Does someone understand the details ?
And generally... how do i chose a BMS for a new battery pack ? Does a 35A BMS have 35 A continous ? And how do i know how much peak is ?

Thanks for your help
Sparfuchs,Vienna

Screenshot (15).png

You can use the google translate app to scan the pic and translate.

Current capability is defined by how many cells in parallell, not in series.

There’s no clear answer on continuous and peak for different bms’s, all sellers define it / exaggerate by different amounts :wink:

larsb said:
You can use the google translate app to scan the pic and translate.

Current capability is defined by how many cells in parallell, not in series.

There’s no clear answer on continuous and peak for different bms’s, all sellers define it / exaggerate by different amounts :wink:

Thanks larsb for your answer,

ohhh, good to know. So in my case its 8A CDR x 6 Paralell cells so 48 A continous ?
So the 150A will just be for a few seconds i guess :)

999zip999 said:
I don't think you setup will ever see 150 amps if so your battery pack will not last.

Thats what i was affraid of :D
So the seller had a wrong description

Back