11s 20ah and series with 12s20ah pack

Are they identical cell types? Or better yet, will the smaller pack be easily able to handle your current draw?

If both backs can handle your current draw, it should be ok to serialize them. It will just end up a 23s pack.

:D :bolt:

All cells from same batch 7yrs ago one cell went dead on a split pack of 12s for 24s one dead. I tried to buy one and it only charged to 3.34v after the charge connector melted the hot to hold the wires straight I stopped after 4 four trys . Plus found a very good small railroad track of very small spot welds on tap. Old news. So too one cell out of one 12s pack. Thanks beach

P.s I was lazy and plugged the #6 pin wire on 1-6 jst so plulled #6 wire from the white jst for the thru the
jst wire plug for charger. And Wouldn't forget.
Okay I cleaned it up.

999zip999 said:
P.s I was lazy and plugged the #6 pin on 1-6 so plulled #6 from the white just so thru the wire charger. And Wouldn't forget.

Until the next time your a little tired, with low light and a few beer in ya, eh matey.

Marks I crashed my bike. I was talking to two surfers about it trail next to the railroad tracks and my tire just popped. Ok I have a mile up the trail to the bus stop for the 16mile home. Got tired of walking the bike sat on it and gave it some throttle what the front flat tire that tube jumped out and wrapped around the brakes at 6 mph. I went down hard black and blue from above my hip all the way to my knee cap with a quarter of a cantaloupe stuck on the wrong side of my butt. All I have is ibuprofen and beer oh and weed. My worst accidents happen under 10 miles an hour as my bike goes 45 mph.
I was saying I have a 6-pin and I just pulled the last wire out of the six pin so there's five wires for cells instead of digging out and making a new 5 pin.
Not only that it's the side of the body I sleep on.
It was a bad day.

999zip999 said:
Can I series a 11s and 12s both 20ah packs . Will be series for use and charged as sub packs before use. Is this safe ?
Yes, you can, but the 11S is no longer a 20Ah pack, but rather a 18.3Ah pack. Combining a 11s with 12s as a 23s pack ... thus why you could no longer go 45mph (now 43mph would be your top speed) :wink:

From your reply it sounds like you're now charging four sub-packs (three 6s sub-packs and one 5s sub-pack) when straight charging or balance (bottom or top) charging. If possible you should restore the former 12s (now 11s) parallel group with another cell or cells of at least the same capacity (if not slightly more instead of slightly less) so all four sub-packs are 6s (instead of three 6s sub-packs and one 5s sub-pack).

Assuming the other parallel cells in that questionable p-group are OK, just buy another similar brand cell with at least similar capacity (if not slightly more) as the other cells in that p-group. Or replace all the cells in that p-group with cells of at least the same capacity. There certainly should be another 18650 brand cell with at least the same capacity (or slightly more instead of slightly less) as the other sub-pack cells.

They are two 12s but four 6s sense wire plugs for checking and balancing. When I took one sell out I just rearranged the pins in the 6-pin to a 5-pin so I didn't have to resolder a bunch of hands on.
I did buy a supposedly brand new a123 20ah cell it had a re-welded tab as some of the old cells had one crooked tab. These people had cut off the crooked tab and spot-welded a new tab on with a very unique small spot welder that made a very small railroad type weld. It was at 3.36v and after two hours and charged to 3.40v . So I won't take and must be returned. At first I didn't notice the welded tab as I was told it was new. So after all this time there are still there. Yes should be 17ah as new were 18ah. I need to test before finding another cell..

Back