Can any Jedi battery folk help pls

playboi2k13

100 µW
Ok I've just brought 240 green Panasonic cells for cheap they are 3.4 nah each what kind of battery would best be made for max performance please

playboi2k13 said:
Ok I've just brought 240 green Panasonic cells for cheap they are 3.4 nah each what kind of battery would best be made for max performance please
Battery for what?

At what voltage?

With what current requirements, continous?

With what current requirements, peak?

What shape and space limitations does your project have?

What's your budget?

What's your specific level of DIY skills in battery building?

What kind of tools do you already have, and what are you willing to buy?

Which specific cells are they, and what was the source? (I ask this because there are a lot of people selling old, garbage or used cells, random stuff recovered from damaged packs, etc., stuff re-marked / reshrinkwrapped as cells they aren't, rather than brand new fresh (not sat on a shelf for years) that are well-matched to each other and not counterfeit. Knowing their source and what cells they are supposed to be may help us help you verify they are actually the real thing, so that you know they will do what you want, or so that you will know they can't do it and you can get cells that will).

amberwolf said:
[all valid questions]

Obviously, there is almost no information here, making assumptions based on common fundamentals: max performance calls for highest voltage at the cost of capacity.
21s hot off the charger is pushing it for most common controllers -- 20s would be safer, 20s bulk chargers are more common, and 240 is evenly divisible.

So 240 cells gives a 12p20s pack of 40.8Ah at 84V hot off the charger, and 74V nominal.

fatty said:
So 240 cells gives a 12p20s pack of 40.8Ah at 84V hot off the charger, and 74V nominal.
It also gives a 12s20p pack, or a 6s40p, or a 40s6p, etc. ;)

Without the OP actually telling us what they want, all we can do is guess, which is why I asked all those questions. :) (there are probably other questions that need asking too, but since the OP is unlikely to return and reply anyway (most don't even login a second time to check for replies!)....

At this point, we would indeed need to be Jedis using mind tricks to figure out what to tell the OP. :lol:

amberwolf said:
fatty said:
It also gives a 12s20p pack, or a 6s40p, or a 40s6p, etc. ;)

Without the OP actually telling us what they want, all we can do is guess, which is why I asked all those questions. :) (there are probably other questions that need asking too, but since the OP is unlikely to return and reply anyway (most don't even login a second time to check for replies!)....

At this point, we would indeed need to be Jedis using mind tricks to figure out what to tell the OP. :lol:

Well, that's the benefit of different approaches on a forum. My reply covers max performance for most users, and hopefully yours gets the OP to think and learn more.

Sorry for late reply I have at present a Carrera e bike motor controller everything except the battery and frame brought off gumtree it's UK legal so 15 mph max and 250 w but to be fair I'm more looking to build a stealth bomber up and basically want max performance for min cash so anything I can reuse I will from what I have. Have no battery skills but can follow a YouTube tutorial all day long. Many thanks btw they are green panasonic 18650 removed from ups back up boxes all tested all good

Back