Alternative to EiG C020 - Seeking Recommendations

Waite747

1 µW
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well! I am new to the forum so please forgive my naivety.

I am interested in building Ladi’s CyberBike (https://mysuperebike.com/cyber) His battery specs are built on EiG’s C020 LiPo pouch cells. From Ladi “EiG cell based 22s2p 92V 40Ah, 3,2kWh pack capable of 400A discharge.” The problem is Ladi can’t ship the completed battery or cells to the US, and the EiG cells are difficult to come by in the US through other means.

My question for the community is what cells (available in the US) are a good alternative to the EiG C020 cells? And what recommendation do you have for a configuration that replicates Ladi’s specs above?

I understand Ladi picked the EiG cells because they last a super long time (degrade very little over 1000+ cycles), they are super tough, and have a high discharge 5C (10C for 10 seconds) rate.

Thanks in advance! Any advice and recommendations are really appreciated. :bigthumb:
-Michael

A123 NMC Lithium-Ion Prismatic Pouch Cell are closest, but only available salvaged (used & damaged)

BatterySpace 9759156-10C, 10Ah, 10C continuous & 15C peak

RC LiPo, cheaper but won't last as long - cost balances out

Attachments

• A123 NMC26Ah.pdf
    334.1 KB · Views: 11
  • batteryspace 9759156-10C.pdf
    377.4 KB · Views: 8
I use these cells (I am in the UK) for ally battery builds. I discovered these after getting frustrated with other cells and the lack of power. 18650's are overpriced and untrusted. Other Lithium Polymer cells are often underpowered. Not many other cells will produce the 200A discharge either.

I'm my 5 years building batteries I've used most cells available to the domestic market and nothing even comes close to the CO20 cells.

I apologize that I can't recommend anything as an alternative but I think the simple fact is that nothing can be truly be compared to these cells.

But having said that, there are quite a few pouch/prismatic cells that I haven't tried because the specs aren't quite there butay still be very good.

Good luck, and I'll be keeping an eye on this post to see what you find in the end.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back