LUNA CHARGER 52V ADVANCED 300W Trouble

Oluwali19

10 µW
my Luna charger Isn’t putting out a proper voltage when plugged in to a socket. instead of 58.6V i’m getting 0.01 or 0.02V (alternating). It’s an older charger. Is garbage or fixable? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• E1EBF3FE-97B8-4C81-9CD9-360E86556AEA.jpeg
    E1EBF3FE-97B8-4C81-9CD9-360E86556AEA.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 186
  • AB2A39B2-1347-4DFB-ADA3-C582508DE1BD.jpeg
    AB2A39B2-1347-4DFB-ADA3-C582508DE1BD.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 186
Have you got the output going into a depleted battery?

What voltage shows on its posts when isolated?

john61ct said:
Have you got the output going into a depleted battery?

What voltage shows on its posts when isolated?

I’m completely new to electronics in general, sorry. I removed the three-prong plug, leaving only a blue and wire a yellow wire exposed (i was going to scrap it for parts later). so at the moment i cant connect it to a battery. Do I need a multimeter?

How are you measuring the voltage now?

A DMM is usual, but there are hundreds of ways to measure voltage, just needs to be accurate.

An ammeter also.

You cannot say anything about a charger without a depleted battery to test with.

Ideally without a BMS in the way, just directly to the cells.

If you really are a complete beginner, maybe get someone local to help mentor you, protect you from the danger inherent in mucking around at high voltages.

john61ct said:
How are you measuring the voltage now?

A DMM is usual, but there are hundreds of ways to measure voltage, just needs to be accurate.

An ammeter also.

You cannot say anything about a charger without a depleted battery to test with.

Ideally without a BMS in the way, just directly to the cells.

If you really are a complete beginner, maybe get someone local to help mentor you, protect you from the danger inherent in mucking around at high voltages.

Is ammeter separate from a multimeter? I’m just wondering if anyone with the same charger was able to diagnose and fix theirs. I’m willing to work with insulated gloves and take everything very slow if you have suggestions since I don’t know any EEngineers. Also Luna has a shortage so it’d be great to know.

Luna has a shortage of what?

Yes an ammeter measure current.

Some are a superset of the DMM features.

What makes you think your charger is broken?

You need to get the gear to test it before you can say that.

None of this is "engineer" level stuff, an EV or RC hobbyist, a basic bike shop that does eBikes, even a high school kid that's fiddled with DC electronics, say car audio rigs

can help you get started.

The key is hands-on over the shoulder collaboration if your google-fu isn't up to teaching yourself online.

Back