Could someone post How To Videos for DeWalt Battery Pack?

jdbauman

1 W
I found this video on YouTube showing how to install a rear hub... I know this is really basic for all you pro's, but it really helped me understand the process alot better.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8494970111924158218&q=electric+bicycle

I was hoping someone could post a "how to" video showing how to connect the 36V DeWalt battery packs in parallel. It would really be helpful to see the entire process from beginning to end, showing how to bypass the BMS for discharging, but using it for charging.

Could someone video how to do this, while leaving the batteries in their original casings, in order to make the recharging process simple?

I am a total "Newb" when it comes to all this stuff. I just know that I will get my bike built and then blow myself up, or worse fry my DeWalt battery packs tring to solder these things together.

Or is there someone in So. Cal. that I could get together with who could help me solder some battery packs (once I get them from ebay). I am located in Temecula (about 1 hour North of San Diego). Thanks

JD

jdbauman,
Stop trying to use power tool batteries for electric bike. Power tool batteries are for power tools. Just buy Hi-Power Polymer Li-Ion Battery Module: 37V 10Ah ( 370 Wh) 40 A Drain Rate $459.95 from http://www.batteryspace.com
37V_10Ah.jpg

Let us know if it works?

jdbauman,
Stop trying to use power tool batteries for electric bike. Power tool batteries are for power tools.

Compared to those and other lithium polymers, power tool batteries, referring to the second generation lithium iron phosphate and lithium manganese, are far superior in almost every important measure including

safety
cycle and calendar longevity
power density

Lithium polymer is usually a little cheaper initially, and a little lighter per available energy.

That batteryspace pack failed testing by a member here -- he returned it.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=505&highlight=batteryspace

After reading similar advice in your other posts, I think, Marty, you're more interested in surreptitiously pushing your own lithium packs, than engaging in an honest and informed review of the options.

xyster said:
After reading similar advice in your other posts, I think, Marty, you're more interested in surreptitiously pushing your own lithium packs, than engaging in an honest and informed review of the options.
Really not sure what lithium packs I be pushing? Not really excited about the packs I got. Max discharge current 15 Amps. I did look into power tool batteries and the Amp Hour ratings were low. Don't like the idea of multiple battery packs and multiple chargers. Want small light weight batteries in a plastic case with on/off switch and charger receptacle. For electric bicycle

Recommend Batteryspace because there web site say 37V 10Ah is in stock and for sale. In stock and for sale is the most important thing. I am on the "waiting list" for http://www.texaselectricbikes.com 36 VOLT-15 AMP HOUR

Hopefully BatterySpace people are learning like the rest of us and they figure out how to make batteries that work. Notice that they say for research and development use only. Reid did the research and development.
smnbat1.JPG

Really not sure what lithium packs I be pushing? Not really excited about the packs I got. Max discharge current 15 Amps. I did look into power tool batteries and the Amp Hour ratings were low. Don't like the idea of multiple battery packs and multiple chargers. Want small light weight batteries in a plastic case with on/off switch and charger receptacle.

My apologies then :)

Like many others here, I like the DIY aspect of designing and assembling an EV almost as much as riding an EV. Soldering batteries is no big deal -- fun actually. Certainly not the case for everybody. EV-sized second generation lithiums are on the market now too -- like the 20ah LiMn pack ypedal just bought.

Back