External escooter battery pack

bl4s7er

10 µW
Hey all,
Ive recently got myself a Vsett 9+ escooter with a 48V 19.2Ah pack. Uses 3200mAh LG batteries in 13s6p config (unknown bms and battery model). I would like to limit charge to 4.0V per cell (52V) and only run down to approx 50%, but this takes some capacity away from what is already a little low for my liking.

So I want to add an external pack in parallel. The 2nd pack would be comprised of Panasonic NCR18650-GA batteries in 13s4p and a 60A bms from AliExpress JIABAIDA Official Store. I have seen many others doing this including some stores supplying battery kits for this purpose.

The external battery connection would be completed simply by using a y-splitter, with both packs' voltage being equalised prior to connection.

The existing battery has 2 wires for charging, and 2 for output (dual controllers on the escooter). Im not sure if the internal battery bms has independent charge/discharge connections. Not entirely sure how I can find out. Was just going to measure the output with a charger disconnected/connected to see what I get on the output. Assuming it the output matches the charge voltage then I will connect the 2nd pack and measure the current going into pack 2. I can then work out how much current each pack is pulling.

I have spent a lot of time looking into each aspect of this upgrade and have more info/details but don't want to waffle on and on. I would really appreciate any feedback you can provide. If I have missed anything vital please point it out. Thanks!

Back