Coin Cells - (apparently now rechargeable)

methods

1 GW
I spent Black Friday cleaning out my garage ( C O U G H ) ( hint ).

Along the way I found one of those ultra-cheapie calipers in need of a battery. It has been my dream to buy the

* Ultimate Jumbo Combo Variety Pack :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

Of button cells for years now, but I have never pulled the trigger.

Coins.png

357/303
My understanding is that represents a non-lithium in standard and high discharge. This CAN be swapped with an LR44. I always go for a metric or more common replacement.

Coins.png

No, I dont post links. I especially do not pose affiliate links. I don't sell anything and I dont want to review anything. Just figuring it out over here... so that should cover the alkaline.

Coins.png

* Alkaline
* Silver Oxide
* Lithium

But... I saw RECHARGABLE a minute ago!
(JUST HIT ME, DUH, MOTHERBOARDS)

anyway, 2032 is the most prevalent on first click.

Coins.png

but... I am still back here in the dark ages. Check out my battery tester!

PXL_20221126_125928294_compress96.jpg

That is my #1 go-to for testing AAA and AA batteries. My wife has still not figured it out. I got it from my Grandmothers house, where I remember using it in the year 1980 (and a hundred times thereafter). IIRC my uncle might have built it as a kit, buy maybe not.

-methods

Coins.png

Ok, that should cover me for a while. Zero Doubt they will get consumed by other meat-walkers.

Now... I want:
* Jump Starters
* lock pick kit
* torch (LED Flashlight)

-methods

As for Amazon
* Only use Prime

Coins.png

Lol -
Speaking of prime, I had the choice to get this stuff Monday in 1 box or Sunday in multiple boxes, both for the same price! Amazon has been making its ship-commits (even on Sundays) in Santa Cruz. Very impressed.

BUT
I will say that the 2 or 3 times I have used non-prime I have had a total ebay experience. Ripped off, slow shipping, junk goods, fark! The whole reason I bought those DALY BMS's off Amazon was in hopes that I would have support in the event that they turned out bunk. Well... They did turn out bunk and Amazon gave me the automated run-around.

I accept that only because
* It was months since purchase
* It was not a prime order

A N Y H O W
I buy all sorts of ish off Amazon, but no longer BMS. F-That. If I am going to get ripped off, I might as well roll the ol dice on Ebay. Uncle Rich likes ebay too.

PXL_20221126_131330919_compress65.jpg

So to be clear

MY PREFERENCE = AMAZON PRIME

I think Ebay and regular Amazon suck. Slow shipping and rip-offs, but that does not mean that I have not made hundreds or thousands of purchases.

-methods

Oh the blessing of forgetting.

anyway
Eh, coin cells. Not much else to say about them. If you want to test them with my battery tester you have to run it on the lowest current setting. This is because the higher setting will just sag them.

Make sense?

Every "Voltage Measurement" has to draw some current. Anywhere from 1pA to 1000A. In this case it is literally driving the needle, but in a DMM you are driving a low pass filtered capacitor into an ADC. Leach-draw maybe 1mA, 100uA, 10uA, 1uA, 100nA.....

ok
What was I doing here?

Grab a cheap bike light
https://www.amazon.com/Ascher-Rechargeable-Powerful-Headlight-Flashlight/dp/B07FC9NRRR/ref=sr_1_5?crid=Y9TSUM1Y027C&keywords=Bike+lights&qid=1669469445&sprefix=bike+lights%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-5

Ok, got that. Hope it does not suck

-methods

(barf)
Just went on ebay comparing the search term "16S BMS" and ... yea bro... not today. I am still all chafed after that last round. All my batteries are just sitting here self discharging and taking up space.

I need 25 LiFe BMS's good for an honest 20A discharge and with functional Short Circuit Protection. For the right price, I would even run 4pcs 4S

Actually
Lets look into that, because... something has got to give.

-methods

Nope
The term "Stackable" is not yet associated with 4S BMS's

OK
Anything else on Coin Cells?
I once used one to create an Isolated Switch. I have seen them here and there as an (apparently) lower cost alternative to onboard flash or EEprom. I cant imagine how that is, but apparently it is cheaper to run dynamic memory with a battery than it is to flash

OR

It is for purposes of IP disbursing. Kill the battery kill the information* :idea:

O N W A R D

-methods

NoFanBoiz said:
Surprised you could:

- find the energy to type so much
- type without many typos

🌬️

I use voice to text wise guy

-methods

Following up on this tirade of off topic posts

THIS LIGHT
NewBMS.png

It is very similar to one I got from "Storage Locker Pete" - aka "Irish Pete" - so that is why I chose it. After 1 ride in the rain, so far so good!

* Charges up on USB micro (god I wish it was USBC)
* Has rubber caps and survived a week of sitting out in the rain
* Works like what I had before, simple enough to put in lower power so you do not get caught out
* Mounts super super easy, too easy, so people may steal them
* Sufficient light to not get pulled over when you drank 15pcs, 40oz beverages, and go back to liquored store

So
Does it THROW LIGHT?
Nay bruh, it is just a super good deal for $tweenyBuks that is turnkey ready. I will probably buy 4 more for when peeps come over to my spot and I need to take them on a nigh crawl.

-methods

methods said:
It is very similar to one I got from "Storage Locker Pete" - aka "Irish Pete" - so that is why I chose it.
Another OT: This is what I get for a google search on "Storage Locker Pete" (was hoping it was something like an ebay store of good deals from cleaning out storage lockers, but apparently not):
https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=%22Storage+Locker+Pete%22
I'm not sure a storage locker full of westworld stuff (if it were real and not fictional) would be the best thing to find (though it would probably be valuable). ;)
Untitled.png

Eww, those USB chargeable headlights are so weak compared to ebike battery powered headlights. They are also one more thing to futz with unplugging and turning on when you are starting a ride. Safer and more convenient to power headlights off the bike battery and turn them on automatically.

Back