I used Kingfish's experimentally-verified directions to turn pot TL counterclockwise and raise the voltage on an HP8204L3 I got from Dirtdad/Comcycle's super-clearance a while back, from the 60.8V it came at to 66.4V, to use with a 16s experimental LiPo type pack.
Yeah, I know it's a LiFePO4 charger...but we'll see how well it works in this experimental application.
It is topping off the pack right now, which had already been near full (~4.1V/cell), before I added 2s to it's original 14s (after I drained them down with a car headlight just a tad to match voltages with the originals).
I didn't want to mess with the other charger I got in the same sale, which is a different kind and was already set to the perfect 58.3V for charging my 14s RC LiPo ammocan pack (and this experimental one prior to adding 2s to it), until I am sure I want to keep this pack at 16s, or if I want to move it up to the full 18s or back down to 14s.
I would've gone right to 18s (74.7V for 4.15V/cell), but this charger won't go that high--it only goes to 67.0V, so the closest I can get is 16s.
I'm hoping the other charger can be made to go to that 74.7V, but I'm not experimenting with it until I am sure this one works fine, so I have a backup.
This one is only a "3A" charger, and the other is 4A. FWIW, this charger's initial current was about 2.5A, which increased to over 5A during a period of 15-20 seconds, then it went back down to less than 1A, then back up to 2.5A, and swinging back and forth like that for a while. Eventually it settled down to around 1.8A and slowly dropped over the first 0.8Ah of charge to about 0.9A it's at right now, still dropping as the pack voltage increases.
So, thanks for doing the experiment Kingfish--it made my experiment much easier!