BMS LED stays lit

ecodean

1 mW
HELP. I have a Ping 48V20Ah LiFePO4,which I had split into two batteries by Ping so I could mount them on each side of my bike. The battery is about 4 months old. For the first 4-5 charges the 8th LED would not come on. Finally on the 6th charge it came on but has never gone off. It stays lit all of the time. I only use about 8Ah between charges, have never run it to the low voltage cut off, and I charge it after every ride. It has never been abused.The battery has 14 charges on it.
Today while riding after only using a little over 2Ah of power according to my Cycle Analyst my power was cut off. I checked all connections, unplugged then replugged the battery, As soon as I hit the throttle it cut off.
I checked voltages in the cells when I got home. All cells in one half of the battery were between 3.34V and 3.1V, a max. difference of .03V. When I checked the other half of the battery the voltages were between 2.61V to 2.57V, a difference of .04V but clearly this half had a much lower voltages. What would cause this? Is my BMS bad?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Dean

Sounds like your BMS is not hooked to the other half of the battery. Might want to check that any connector to that half is properly seated and wires aren't broken. If that's intact, you should talk to Ping directly so he can help get you the right repair done.

When you look at your 8 pin connecter look make sure all the pins are in place and seated you can put some hot glue on the wires into the connecters so the pins in place. This was the problem I had with my ping. Good luck.

I checked all connections mutiple times, everything is tight. Ping responded promptly and is sending me a new BMS as well as a single cell charger to balance the cells. Great customer service. Thanks to all who responded,
Dean

Back