recycled power tool packs..

I will definitely watch this, thanks for putting the info all together in a tutorial with lots of pics. I bought a big pile of LiMn cells from DocBass (Ridgid drill packs, emoli cells) and 4 out of the 5 cells are good. I 'think' the price was about $2 per cell, and whatever pack I build can be charged with the liPo charging system I already have since LiMn is also 3.7 per cell. I hope to get the time to put together a pack soon!

Heres an index that lists which chemistries are in which drills:
Ridgid, Milwaukee, Makita:___LiMn / 3.7V
DeWalt:_________________LiFePO4 / 3.3V

http://toolhacker.com/2010/01/bosch-dewalt-makita-milwaukee-ryobi-ridgid-hilti-battery-specs/

A DocBass video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5taguEdlkY

Recycled tool pack ebike battery packs rule. You can easily make yourself a battery shaped and sized how you want. I have about 4kwh worth of good tool cells and another 6kwh in a crate on a ship right now. A certain record is soon to be blown out of the water, sorry Doc I can't wait any longer. :twisted: , and an actual world record is soon to be established, both using recycle tool pack cells. 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for the feedback !

It's not done yet, i'm documenting a big project of Lipo repair at the moment, will add that to the page..

karma said:
nice i had no idea that copper strapping would work. would it work for a 6s headways pack? :wink:

The copper strap worked well, it's on the thick side for soldering but with headway cells and screw terminals it might work well ( would have to check the spacing of the holes.. )

Spring is comming.. snow melting.. roads still a mess but getting better..

John in CR said:
A certain record is soon to be blown out of the water, sorry Doc I can't wait any longer. :twisted: , and an actual world record is soon to be established, both using recycle tool pack cells. 8) 8) 8)

Yes.. that would be great to transfer the trophe to you John :wink:

I am still proud to have hold the record for at least 2 years with 2.3kWh of recycled powertool pack back in 2007 :mrgreen:

Ypedal, This is awsome work!.. You finally did what i wanted to do but never took all the time to do it.

That will help alot ebike newB to get cheap battery!

Doc

Back