BMS Issues

only1jake

10 W
BMS is ecitypower, bought on here. 16s headway pack 10ah. BMS rated 100-200A I believe.

PROBLEM:

I made up the pack, fitted the bms same as the wiring diagram etc.

Pack seems fine, bms fine, no heat, checked charger port = 53v checked pack voltage = 53v

I wanted to charge the pack up a little on my small chinese 5A charger. Connect it and poof. Charger goes out. Doesn't work again. Try it on the same type of charger and poof. Same thing?

Anyone know what it is? Maybe just need a better charger? Problem with BMS wiring?

Jake

http://ev.geek.nz/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21

Not enough info for me to offer much help. I'm a newb anyway. Sounds like a short circuit somewhere. Or the pack is way too much for the charger. I see no reason for any bms to cause a charger to fail, without there being other underlying issues. I would check the pack for resistance, I have no idea what it should read. Test the bms for faults, or get another one for comparison. You get what you pay for, if you're lucky! Either there's a short, or somethings incompatable, that's my guess.
Brian L.

My money's on polarity.
But i don't know crap about BMSes either. Just a crapshoot..

I thought it could be polarity too, but I checked both the pack and charger with my meter and I had then correctly done.
I wired it up as per BMSBattery wiring diagram, cba to get the diagram to show you at the moment, and the photos I took aren't so good.

I'll get a charger with reverse-polarity protection just in case it is that LOL

RallySTX said:
Please remind me never to bet against you! :D
Brian L.

Don't bet too high. I'm a lipo guy and won't touch a BMS.. what the hell do i know :)

I bought it new off someone on here with the headway cells.

Chargers are broken and are making a buzzing sound... Not good.

Bms shows same voltage as pack.

Back