wow fresh new NiCds re-new the EV grin

monster

100 kW
i just done my first run on my new NiCd's from ebike.ca and i really noticed the difference between this and my old Nimh's.

i had the old Nimh's for a year and overcharged them several times. this my first battery change and i think the Nimh's did quite well. there is still a fast 7 miles in them (or slow 10 miles) and i think they are at 70% capacity but lately they have felt a bit light on the acceleration. one day im going to stick all my batteries in the bike together and go for a nice drive in the country.

I've used Ebikes.ca's 3C nicads and liked them.. have not tried the 5C but i'm told they perform even better.

Nicad has alot going for it over nimh, not as fragile, less self-discharge and the only negative side is that they are 20-30 % larger in size for given capacity compared to nimh.... but the same weight.

8)

cool. they seem to behave exactly like the Nimh when charging them and i am charge terminating in the same way (50*C cut off). i have noticed that they take longer to heat up and cool down and i expect that is because of the larger thermal mass (i have packs of 36v now not 24v). my old nimh had heavy metal cases these are case-less just shrink-wrap.

Back