Hyperion 1420i For $110!!

etard

100 kW
I found this site selling the 1420i for $110 but I can't figure out if it's legit, the product description is uber chinese. I may buy 2 at this price.

What do you guys think?

http://storeexe.com/hyperion-eos-1420i-net3-charger-1s-14s-20a-max-550w/

Amazon.com has them for $130 with free shipping. I can vouch for the amazon ones, mine came last week. Must have been a price drop as the prices have gone down on the 1420i across the board.

Hmmm, maybe there is something better in the pipeline? Whatever the case, I'm glad I waited now! :mrgreen:

FYI, this site popped up when i searched it on amazon.com.

I just ordered one today as well. Etard, I got the same feeling that it will soon be replaced with an upgraded version.
I also feel they may be liquidating these because of the grounded USB issue and that the replacement will have an isolated USB.
There have been users that blew the USB ports, also some motherboards in their computers because of this (ground loop) issue.
This can be avoided by following the hookup procedure in the manual -ALLWAYS CONNECT NEGATIVE WIRE FIRST,POSITIVE WIRE LAST,TO THE POWER SUPPLY (when using USB port).
Just thought I should mention that if you were unaware and still considering purchasing.

They'll come up with a 16S-20S charger and you'll hate your damn life.. :lol:

I didn't find any options for shipping outside the US on that first link. I bought stuff from Amazon before and got hit with crazy custom fees and taxes. I just received mine for which I paid $132.55 CDN from a Canadian online store. With taxes and next day shipping, $160 CDN. This was the safe way for me to know exactly how much it would cost without any surprises.

neptronix said:

That's what I'm afraid of!! Actually, the new one will be out of my price range just like this one used to be...

neptronix said:

Nah, just buy 2 of them and network it. For the price, it's hard to beat.

Kfong, would you be willing to give a few pics on the process of networking these as you say? I planon buying 2 chargers and that would be a huge help in getting these setup. I also think I am going to commit to the single DB24 plug for charging on all my bikes. This is the year I get a proper setup or move on to other things, dammit!

psycholist said:
This can be avoided by following the hookup procedure in the manual -ALLWAYS CONNECT NEGATIVE WIRE FIRST,POSITIVE WIRE LAST,TO THE POWER SUPPLY (when using USB port).
Just thought I should mention that if you were unaware and still considering purchasing.

what about just having the PSU and charger already connected and powered on before plugging into the computer ?

That's a very good question and I believe it should work. Maybe when plugging in the USB, theres the chance the vce+ pin might contact a millisecond before the ground. But just to be safe, I'll be using the method in the manual.

etard said:
Kfong, would you be willing to give a few pics on the process of networking these as you say? I planon buying 2 chargers and that would be a huge help in getting these setup. I also think I am going to commit to the single DB24 plug for charging on all my bikes. This is the year I get a proper setup or move on to other things, dammit!

The hyperion website shows how it's networked with the 720i, you do the same with the 1420i. It's just a plug in front that says network on it.
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/default.htm

I'm only running 12S at the moment so I have not purchased the network connector. I will be posting pics of my Motobecane build when I get to the wiring part and how I have it setup to interface to the Hyperions easily. Trying to get it all done before spring http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12654&start=165

if you want to import it to australia getting it off of ebay from the same amazon seller ends up being a little cheaper $152.66 here..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300669467639

dunno about the other countries but here in oz these chargers are stil going for $230+ +shiping so this is a good deal

Well, I ended up going with the Amazon vendor's and I got 2! I'm excited to hook these up, it's been a long time coming...

I also looked over the rcgroups thread about server supplies as power supply and picked up a Dell poweredge something off ebay.

which is better charger...meanwell or hyperion.... does the hyperion need a power supply to charge :mrgreen:

Allex said:
meanwell is just a power supply
Yes, you need a power supply for the hyperion.
which means you need the meanwell to use the hyperion... but the meanwell can be modded to work as a charger.. which is the the better combo for lipo?? :mrgreen:

kriskros said:
Allex said:
meanwell is just a power supply
Yes, you need a power supply for the hyperion.
which means you need the meanwell to use the hyperion... but the meanwell can be modded to work as a charger.. which is the the better combo for lipo?? :mrgreen:

Well the best combo is to have both. Bulk charging with the meanwell and then cycle/discharge/balance the packs with hyperion.
You can only use meanwell for charging but you also need to balance the packs and see all the information on a display.
I charge my 10S4S (37V20Ah) with a 1420 wich is connected to a 40A PSU. It charges my pack first and then do an autobalance of all cells

NOOB ALERT!

Could a guy use two 24V Meanwells in series to bulk charge 44.4V[12S] worth of Lipo and then use one Meanwell to power the Hyperion.

Still studying Meanwells and Hyperions[ a lot of posts]. It would seem the Meanwell models are evolving[or devolving, depending on POV] and at the moment, I'm a little confused if the about the NES and S models, what's applicable with least modification, etc.

E-rc has good. Service. I just killed one (most likely my fault) and hehad a replacement out to me quickly. Charging takes 45min at 15A.. 20s5p pack. But you have to split it evenly to charge equally.I paid originally 185 and then recently 130 for second

6978359901_dc0b80dc55_b.jpg

motomech: you probably moved on since now, but the meanwell NES is basically useless. The idea of using a 350w meanwell as a bulk charger is kinda dead now :|

hillzofvalp; that is awesome and i glad you got that to work :)

Back