How to solar-charge a 16S6P lithium battery?

jumpjack

100 W
I have this battery:
16S6P, 64V, 24Ah, Li-Ion
How can I charge it by a 200W solar panel?

Dig a little, and there is a similar thread from last week or so. My answer is park the panel at home, charging a lead acid battery. Then plug your charger into an inverter connected to the storage. The main advantage of this method is you can do anything with the power you've gathered. Not just charge the lipo.

So you could charge your cordless tools, computer, etc once you have AC power on tap.

dogman said:
Dig a little, and there is a similar thread from last week or so. My answer is park the panel at home, charging a lead acid battery. Then plug your charger into an inverter connected to the storage. The main advantage of this method is you can do anything with the power you've gathered. Not just charge the lipo.

So you could charge your cordless tools, computer, etc once you have AC power on tap.
I'm already doing this. :)
I was looking forward for when my battery will no more be able to provide enough power (24A) to my e-bike but maybe will still be able to provide low power to my home lights (around 5A/220V).

Break it up then, and build 12v sections with the cells? Then paralell them in with what you have.

whatever I build with them, how do I charge them by solar panels? I only know charge regulators for pb batteries.

You could use a boost DC-DC converter to charge straight off the panel:
http://genasun.com/gvb.shtml

I use the 48v pba version to charge a 14s lipo pack off a 230w panel in my garden

Ampeater,

Did the pba controller damage the batteries at all with the higher bulk and absorbtion voltage? How long does it take to charge?

I'm trying to do the same thing with a solar power trike setup and trying to decide what size battery to use.
Did you use 2 7s lipos in series?

thanks,
Art

Back