Searching for a good 5c li-mn cell

bzhwindtalker

100 kW
Hello,
I am searching a good and cheap 5c li-mn self balancing cell, preferably in the 26650 format. I ordered 2 of the 4ah cells from bmsbattery for testing and they seem to perform like crap. I will do a capacity test at 5A with a RC charger and some inbalance tests. I will then try to rig up something to get a semi-accurate 4c graph, but maybe someone has already tested this cell? Good point, it is very easy to solder on both terminals with minimal heating.

http://www.bmsbattery.com/li-ion-cell/115-4ah-2c-c-rate-26650-g4-linicomn-cylindrical-battery-cells.html

I know the E-moli 26650 2.9Ah was used in the older Zero packs, and it seems to be a nice cell! They seem to have a energy density lower than the bms battery stuff but at least they can crank up the amps. I searched ebay and some results came out, but all the cells come from china, not good for stuff suposely made in canada :p where to get some?

Of course there is the konion (sony VT cells) 18650 1,5ah, found in the Bosch Fatpacks and other tool powerplants. Those can be had for cheap salvaging defective packs but making a battery out of them takes a lot of time, sorting the cells, soldering them in subpacks ext... Plus they do not seems to be available "new" but maybe someone have a supplier?

Those looked interesting too, but nobody found a source? http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3418

Any obvious options to consider?

I just bought 2 36v@2A Bosch 836 Fat Packs off an Ebay seller ( "clovergold" who is a Bosch dealer in the USA) they are expensive $125.00 each shipped. With 20 cells in each thats about $ 6.00 / cell. ES member SlyCayer also has a store in Canada , also on Ebay. Selling BRAND NEW Bosch 619 Fat Packs which are 18v @ 3 A for$ 80.00 each Cdn.

I have been using 36v BFP for 4 years now with NO PROBLEMS. I have NEVER SEEN any defective Bosch Fat Packs for sale on ES, but Makita packs seem to go defective often ????????

bionx 1954 said:
I have been using 36v BFP for 4 years now with NO PROBLEMS.

I'm sure you remember when they were $45/pack shipped then. Those were the goooooood old days. :( I used to happily slurp 1,200 watts sustained out of a single fatpack all the time. Great packs... when they were affordable. :cry:

pwbset said:
bionx 1954 said:
I have been using 36v BFP for 4 years now with NO PROBLEMS.

I'm sure you remember when they were $45/pack shipped then. Those were the goooooood old days. :( I used to happily slurp 1,200 watts sustained out of a single fatpack all the time. Great packs... when they were affordable. :cry:
Ah the good old days! That's when I bought mine and they are still going.
otherDoc

Back