reverse polarity - Dewalt 36v

xtoo

1 µW
I tried to charge a Dewalt 36v in a charger whose plug had its wires crossed . What does reverse polarization do to this battery? Now with the correct wiring, the battery blinks bad. What is the fix? thanks

Are you getting any voltage on the pack?

hi thanks I don't get voltage (.05) with my multimeter, but someone told me I wouldn't get a reading because of how the battery is designed. I have 4 wired in parallel, the charger has an extension to charge them all on the trike, so what ever I did I did it to them all.
A suggestion was to "wake them up" with a solar trickle charge, or place a good one into the system and that would allow the others to charge.

Mostly I'd like to know if I fried something or just drained them and now need an awakening.

I wish I'd been more awake when I wired the plug.

John

the batteries ( cells ) are likely just fine ( if it was only for a second or so ) ... but the circuit is likely broken somewhere, either at one of the tabs, fuse, BMS, etc.... going to have to open it up and take a closer look.. it should be obvious once you fine the break.

There is a fuse in the dewalt bms that may have blown. It is hidden in the potting compound and is not easy to replace. There may be a pic or two of where to dig in to find it. Good luck

Back