Sinopoly, or winston?

dutchlincoln

100 W
Hello,
For my electric moped, i want to buy new batteries.
I am stuck between the Sinopoly 60Ah, and the Winston 60Ah battery's,,,
Sinopoly has a smaller volume per energy, but Winston can deliver more Amps and is better suited in cold weather.
Sinopoly: 0.3C vs Winston 0.5C nominal discharge.

Can anyone tell which are a better choice?

Thanks.

Hey Dutchlincoln,
Did you ever settle on a battery? I'm looking at the sinopoly 40Ah units at the moment, 22 in series for a 72V pack, and would be grateful for any guidance.

Thanks
Swayze

imorton said:
What about the GBS cells?

I had not come across those in my hunt for batteries, however I have just been looking at the turnigy 5S1P 18.5V packs,

http://www.jozztek.com/shop/batteries/20-turnigy-5s1p-lipo-pack-5ah.html

These are interesting as I could buy 4 now to work with, then build up the pack in parallel to increase my range, has a yone considered using these? My main concern would be if the connectors could cope with 4 in series, or if they would just melt?

Anyone any thoughts?
Swayze

You should first decide if you want to use LifePo4 or Lipo, as they both have different characteristics and safety/fire levels.

There is plenty to look at, EX: discharging C rate, charging C rate, weight, pack size, safety level, charging equipment, indoor/outdoor charging, range, etc…

IAN

Personally, I doubt there is any difference between Winston and Sinopoly parameters except the color and the dimensions. I have both of them mixed in my pack and they behave exactly the same.

If you want lifepo4 with better parameters, look at CHL, WiNA or A123.

Swayze said:
imorton said:
What about the GBS cells?

I had not come across those in my hunt for batteries, however I have just been looking at the turnigy 5S1P 18.5V packs,

http://www.jozztek.com/shop/batteries/20-turnigy-5s1p-lipo-pack-5ah.html

These are interesting as I could buy 4 now to work with, then build up the pack in parallel to increase my range, has a yone considered using these? My main concern would be if the connectors could cope with 4 in series, or if they would just melt?

Anyone any thoughts?
Swayze

i don't think you understand current. they should require physics classes in school. it is certainly more important than phys ed.

the amount of current each pack produces in series is going to be the same amount in each pack in the series.

if you connected the four 6S packs in parallel then the current in the common current connector for the 6S4P pack would be four times the current of the individual packs.

Hey,
Sorry I may have not made myself clear,

Obviously adding packs in series will increase the voltage, 18.5v 5A packs x 4 in series would be 74V and still 5A.

However I am going to then parallel these packs to begin increasing my range and torque, looking to add maybe another 8 lots of 4 ( in series) in parallel, thus ending up with a pack of 32 Batteries, set up 4S8P so 74V 40Ah. If that makes sense...

Anyway, my thinking is that the plugs supplies with the turnigy batteries are suitabe for 18.5V, but will they be suitable for 74V? These I then imagine will need to connect to some sort of busbar for the parallel connections, with a pair of 25mm cables running to the motor controller (2x25mm as I can get my hands on it easier than 50mm and it should be easier to route around the bike, while being able to make tighter bends within spec)

Going on from that, if my thinking is that the turnigy is 5A and rated at 20C, does that mean the cables supplied are capable of handling 100A for short bursts?

Anyway, I'm sure that has not clarified my question at all...

At the rate people are becoming obese in the UK id almost agree that physics is more important, perhaps they would learn how to leaver themselves off the couch and over to the fridge.

Swayze.

it seems like obesity is more a function of the high calorie diets and corn syrup fructose in soda pop that sets off the eating reflex. they let people stuff their face until they pop their arteries, in fact spend trillions in advertising to convince people that eating more and more is even better than ever, but it is illegal to smoke pot. duh, what's the sense in that?

the connectors are ok up to about 300V i would guess, more like 2k really.

Back