Looking for BMS with adjustable HVC (and LVC)

Batteries, Chargers, and Battery Management Systems.
kiwipete   100 mW

100 mW

Looking for BMS with adjustable HVC (and LVC)

Post by kiwipete » Jan 22 2014 4:54am

I want to make my life simpler (as far as charging my little LiPo pack is concerned) and am looking for a 12S or 14S BMS that will allow me to turn the HVC down to 4.1V and increase the LVC to 3.6 or 3.65V.

Is there such a beastie?

cassschr1   10 kW

10 kW

Re: Looking for BMS with adjustable HVC (and LVC)

Post by cassschr1 » Jan 22 2014 8:40am

That would be the founding power BMS, very versitile it is.

alsmith   100 kW

100 kW

Post by alsmith » Jan 22 2014 9:08pm

BMSBattery have a programmable BMS, I've never heard anything about it though. Note that although the BMS is inexpensive at $20 the program link kit is $100, and because it is BMSBattery check shipping costs.

friendly1uk   10 MW

10 MW

Post by friendly1uk » Jan 22 2014 9:32pm

That smart bms comes programed, or you can buy them from a trusted european forum member set however you want. Not for the same price though, he has to program and test them, after paying just the same as us to get them. I reckon he would put some leads on though to make it plug n play if you asked. Bmsbattery send them set to your provided cell count and your chosen voltage thresholds. I have seen three from them, but they didn't actually get one right. I pay about $75 delivered from my european neighbour now.

I use them 12s lipo. It couldn't be simpler.

Read the oz890 threads. That is the smart bms.
edit: The main thread is mostly about building custom kit to programming one, which is of no interest right now. Someone else can do that for you. The thread is full of useful info too though. Both diagrams and examples.
Bestec will also set there units to your requested voltages.
bmsbattery sent me broken and incorrect stuff, and won't even talk to me about it.

kiwipete   100 mW

100 mW

Post by kiwipete » Jan 22 2014 10:03pm

friendly1uk wrote:That smart bms comes programed, or you can buy them from a trusted european forum member set however you want. Not for the same price though, he has to program and test them, after paying just the same as us to get them. I reckon he would put some leads on though to make it plug n play if you asked. Bmsbattery send them set to your provided cell count and your chosen voltage thresholds. I have seen three from them, but they didn't actually get one right. I pay about $75 delivered from my european neighbour now.
If you don't mind me asking: who is the 'trusted european forum member'?

friendly1uk   10 MW

10 MW

Post by friendly1uk » Jan 23 2014 8:00am

kiwipete wrote:
friendly1uk wrote:That smart bms comes programed, or you can buy them from a trusted european forum member set however you want. Not for the same price though, he has to program and test them, after paying just the same as us to get them. I reckon he would put some leads on though to make it plug n play if you asked. Bmsbattery send them set to your provided cell count and your chosen voltage thresholds. I have seen three from them, but they didn't actually get one right. I pay about $75 delivered from my european neighbour now.
If you don't mind me asking: who is the 'trusted european forum member'?
I will have to answer you by pm. He is a student. It's up to him to come forward publicly.
bmsbattery sent me broken and incorrect stuff, and won't even talk to me about it.

crossbreak   100 MW

100 MW

Post by crossbreak » Jan 24 2014 8:23am

yep, it's me. I can of course give you a pcb to connect all of your packs in series+parallel. I have boards for:

12s2p, 12s3p and 12s4p, either for 4s or 6s bricks. 4s is more common since they are available in a hardcase package and they are cheaper... also the HXT plug are plug play with three 4s bricks in series fo a 12s pack.
I can also make a heatsink and solder 4110Fets so you can use them for 60A cont. /100 A burst discharge if you like.

Testing+calibrating+solder parts that bmsbattery "forgot" is always included.

This is a 12s2p board for a 4s-bricks 44.4V/10ah "triangle" pack... the BMS+cables are in the marked triangle.
Attachments
balancer_connector_pcb.jpg
balancer_connector_pcb.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
triangle.jpg
triangle.jpg (31.75 KiB) Viewed 1159 times