Fake Ping Battery

ping

10 mW
Today we found that another seller from China is selling fake Ping Battery. He/she copied almost all of our product description except my email address :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/48V-20AH-LiFePO...ryZ11332QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

We have reported to ebay. But I'm not sure how soon ebay will remove his/her listings. But there's only 23 hours left.

Blacklist of their ebay id is
qffx
cammy_cc (added on Aug 20, 08)

pingping227 is our unique ebay username and pingbattery is our unique ebay store.

Doesn't look like the right size and shape to me to be a real Ping 48-20. But it's pretty similar shape to the round cell batts on ebay. I don't even see a bms in the pic. Looks to me like he-she ripped the text from Pings ad though. Who knows what the batteries real specs are?

Hi Ypedal,

On ebay, there cannot be any other seller from China or Hong Kong reselling our battery unless it's second hand and used for at least 10 months and bought from us in 2007. From 2008, our goal is global market.

Nevertheless, take a look at the weight and dimensions of that seller's page. His/her battery pack is obviously made of 18650 cells. 18650 cells are cheap and popular in China. But we don't think it's a good choice for e-bike applications. So, we never use 18650 cells to make e-bike battery packs for global market.

Ping

yes, I noticed that too while going on ebay.

I thought: hey, they can't use your name on their battery!!!!!!

You should copyright that name!

I like how it saids "Ping Battery" in the first line in the description.
Even Ping's ads don't say that.

You go Ping, soon we won't be saying the real McCoy anymore, but the real PingPing.

I have to smile at the irony. When the duct tape thread first started this year lots of folk were rightly sceptical ( and a few twit's were living up their reputation, but that is irrelevant here). Anyway after the shaky beginnings it is fantastic to see Ping's quality product has become the defacto standard and is being copied by the Chinese :D

Pity they aren't cheap copies ;)

Thanks for the info, Ping.

I suggest you expand the notice on your ebay store & auctions:

SCAM ADVISORY - These batteries are only sold directly from PingPing227. Any other seller offering "Ping" batteries may be offering counterfeit merchandise. Please contact us directly if you have questions about other sellers offering batteries using the description "Ping".

Thanks all of you.

TylerDurden, I have copied your notice in a new listing that will be in the top of search results of "ping battery". Thanks a lot.

The scammer on E Bay is still there, and while the headline doesn't say Ping on the top, it still has it in the specs. I don't belive the specs on that battery for a second. Idiots are still bidding away on em. I must sound like Don here, but They'll be soooorrry!

dogman said:
I must sound like Don here...
You forgot: "Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia, Sandia... Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech, Phostech... Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented, Patented,...."

:lol:

Chuckling,,, Hey don't knock Sandia though, thats a New Mexico lab. My favorite crash test films come from there. I like the one where they run a jet fighter into a slab of concrete at about 700 mph. The jet simply vaporizes. trains vs nuclear canisters are good too.

dogman said:
Chuckling,,, Hey don't knock Sandia though, thats a New Mexico lab. My favorite crash test films come from there. I like the one where they run a jet fighter into a slab of concrete at about 700 mph. The jet simply vaporizes. trains vs nuclear canisters are good too.
Nah, just bustin on Donny. :twisted:
Sandia does all the cool testing (and a lot of the nasty stuff too). Their PV documents are standard texts for the solar industry.

Yeah, It's just that we are pretty proud of some of our high tech here in NM. The rest of the state is so backwards some of it is still living the Grapes of Wrath. But Sandia, Los Alamos, and White Sands do some pretty good work, and are some of the only good paying jobs around here.

Please take a look at this finished auction from cammy_cc
http://cgi.ebay.com/LiFePO4-Electric-Scooter-E-Bike-Ping-Battery-24V-20AH_W0QQitemZ180278102432QQihZ008QQcategoryZ11332QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And find out what the winner daisypang2828 is selling :evil:

from the bottom of the Board index page on ES right now:
Total posts 85164 • Total topics 5000 • Total members 3046 • Our newest member cammycc

Hopefully cammy cc is not jimmywu aka east united music. If the specs are to be trusted, the cells are similar to Ping1.0. Since Ping is now selling a better cell, why buy the old 2c one? With Ping we know what is in the duct tape.

Lock said:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6057

I just deleted that.... :evil:

Cammy-CC , if you want to post on this forum, that's ok, but no copy/paste advertising, talk to us, give us information like what cells you are using and how they are assembled, answer questions about packs you have sold to members in the past, that i can accept..

Ypedal : Moderator.

Pings' post was illuminating. He highlighted a classic eBay bidding-up scam, where one individual has more than one identity and uses one of the alternate IDs to push the bidding up. It seems that the trick didn't quite work for the item ID Ping linked to, as the seller ended up with the winning bid on his own item.....................

It seems that the LiFePO4 market is getting to have more scammers in it than genuine sellers now. I'm really thankful to those pioneers who took the risk last year with Ping and showed that his batteries were good. Mine's still going strong.

Jeremy

ping said:
Please take a look at this finished auction from cammy_cc
http://cgi.ebay.com/LiFePO4-Electric-Scooter-E-Bike-Ping-Battery-24V-20AH_W0QQitemZ180278102432QQihZ008QQcategoryZ11332QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And find out what the winner daisypang2828 is selling :evil:

Good observation, Ping!

Who would be both buying AND selling batteries at the same time??? And they have the exact same photo too. Might it be the same person trying to create positive feedback for themselves?... duh!!

Check it out for yourselves:
daisypang2828
cammy_cc

BEWARE of anyone trying to pull this type of ebay false-feedback scam on you! And using another vendor's name (Ping) on top of this!

To resume: Ebay cammy_cc --> Scam alert!

Back