iCell...New Bluetooth / cellphone cell monitor

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
RyanT just posted this up "iCell" in another thread, but i thought it was worthy of a thread of its own since it seems ideal for remote pack monitoring,..on and off the bike.
It could even alert you during charging or just during storage of packs.
Note also it has a "locator" function ...should you accidentally forget where you left your bike ! :shock:
Android version available soon .
Thanks for pointing this out RyanT.

http://www.flytron.com/bluetooth-low-energy/269-icell-battery-cell-monitor.html
269-957.jpg

icell-battery-cell-monitor.jpg

If you look at the web site, you will see you can use 2, 3, or more to cover as many cells as you like.
Display is 8 cells per screen , but then you can have multiple "packs" ( 8 cells max) to monitor separately
NOTE:--
since this is pumping data back to a smart phone app, I wonder if they can develop the app to include a data logger function also.??

269-956.jpg

I bet I could. Still $99 is spendy, I was wondering about having an arduino nano read the raw serial of those quantum ones but I'm not sure whether the radio signals would work with more than one in close promity whereas this is bound the work.

Ok curiosity got the better of me have bought two for my 12S lipo setup.

That little monitor is so awesome! Very cool stuff. I found a post from it's developer on RC groups that says the android .apk for it will be ready in a few weeks. I'm definately going to get a few. :) This and speedict will be pretty outstanding phone-based instrumentation for ebikes.

For this guys sake, I hope he releases his own android app before HK knocks it off and releases there own, but you can be guaranteed he now has one brewing. lol

Will be seeing whether I can get an arduino with dedicated screen to interface with the Bluetooth but what format it's being sent in will pretty much determine whether I'm successful, I've had quite a bit of experience sending and receiving Bluetooth with and without arduino. Using BT to serial. then I'm thinking logging. :)

that's great ! i would like to see more and more developers offer technologies on ebike market :)

as far as i know, Speedict is developing both bms and speed controller, as per danny from speedict, the bms will be integrated inside battery box ... support up to 12 cells of li-ion, electronic switch, speed sensor, electronic keylock (usb type key insert to battery box to toggle on / off without lock unlock with android device), live view 12 cells, battery health check, battery reseller remote battery check, more than days data log size etc. ...

Attachments

• 1780090_482077281915424_1796928139_o.jpg
    1780090_482077281915424_1796928139_o.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 3,554
  • 1926083_482098715246614_1408329781_o.jpg
    1926083_482098715246614_1408329781_o.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,392
No android version?
That sucks, speedict is android only and this thing is apple only.
Also is it lipo only no lifepo? I think it would work with lifepo.

velias said:
No android version?

It can adjust the voltage alarm I suppose that will work for monitoring

rosich said:
that's great ! i would like to see more and more developers offer technologies on ebike market :)

as far as i know, Speedict is developing both bms and speed controller, as per danny from speedict, the bms will be integrated inside battery box ... support up to 12 cells of li-ion, electronic switch, speed sensor, electronic keylock (usb type key insert to battery box to toggle on / off without lock unlock with android device), live view 12 cells, battery health check, battery reseller remote battery check, more than days data log size etc. ...

Wow! That looks so handy! When will we be able to buy one?

velias said:
No android version?

Li-Ion CoO2, Li-Ion Mn2O4, and Li-Ion FePO4

velias said:
No android version?

I would assume its multi-chemistry programmable.

They said the Android App would be finished in a couple weeks. :)

I think most dev's understand that a product that leaves out android support is a product that excludes about 75% of market, which isn't that good of an idea.

Gartner+-+Global+Smartphone+Sales.png

just received my package of 2 icells today, must now contruct my 4.4 fecther bms board from Zenid and my 12 to 16s lipo solution will be complete.

will test this weekend and report back. Very exciting.

Wonder what the current consumption is?
If its ok to leave it plugged in for a few days or forgetting to unplug it from the batt pack.

I'm gonna have them connected via switches so they won't be left on.

So tested the I cell iPhone app 69pence. And it doesn't bloody load. Gonna try it later on gf phone as she is on iOS 7 and that might be the difference. plugged a sensor into to lipo and the led flashed but other than that I'm a bit stumped and quite peeved. will be ranting on their forum tomorrow. Caveat emptor.

Works with girlfriends phone, looks like I will be updating my os today :(

Updated now to iOS 7 so will test sensors this weekend

I see a lot of interest in bluetooth enabled devices.
Dose it make sense to add bluetooth to my Solar BMS?
The BMS already has an LCD where all info are displayed and data logging capabilities. Also not sure exactly how much it will add to power consumption. My BMS right now only uses 25mW with backlight OFF that will only take 1mAh at 25V so it will only use 10% of a 20Ah 8 cell battery in about 3 months.

electrodacus said:
I see a lot of interest in bluetooth enabled devices.
Dose it make sense to add bluetooth to my Solar BMS?
The BMS already has an LCD where all info are displayed and data logging capabilities. Also not sure exactly how much it will add to power consumption. My BMS right now only uses 25mW with backlight OFF that will only take 1mAh at 25V so it will only use 10% of a 20Ah 8 cell battery in about 3 months.
Sure, this way you don't need to stand up from the couch. :lol:

Back