PSI -- LiFePo4 -- Testing.. 1 ... 2... Testing..

Alrighty.. test no.1 : Voltage of all cells range from 3.240v to 3.332v, majority are 3.331v

Each cell has a barcode sticker, numbered, not all in sequence, ie: 0005 to 0485 etc.. no dents, no dings, so far so good !! best looking cells i've had my hands on so far ! 8) sweeeeet.

So, what are you going to do with it? Abusive testing to report how these particular cells handle the abuse we tend to throw at LiFePO4? :p

Wait... are these LifeBatt cells?

Ypedal said:
See.. this is how you pack a box .. no empty space.. tightly loaded with foam. = Gooood !

Mmmm....new batteries....SCHWEEET!!!
Yup, that's the way to pack stuff.

My batteries arrived just yesterday too from China. But I was horrified to see the packaging job on mine. :shock:
BatteryBox1.jpg

BatteryBox5.jpg

Totally different the way they pack stuff there huh?

Ypedal,
They look soo nice. You gonna give use the skinny on performance and stuff in due time?

My guess they are from Yesa batteries.

Hope they work good for ya, and continue working well after 2,000 km's, some of us had our 48 volt batteries drop a few AH's after few months use, but balancing helped a little, maybe a good BMS might bring them back to the top.

recumbent said:
My guess they are from Yesa batteries.

My guess is they are direct from PSI.
I suffered one dead one, but not being too technical I'm not sure if it was something I did, so I paid for a replacement (from Cyclone).

[/quote]

My guess is they are direct from PSI.
.[/quote]

You are Correct !

I tried buying them thru Lifebatt, minor issues with paypal fees and unwillingness to work things out like a proffesional outfit should, my money was sent back.. so..

I found a very helpful contact at PSI who was great to work with, prompt replies and the shipping was quick and easy. ( I had a few problems wiring the money, but my bank is run by idiots and this is none of PSI's fault. Once money was received, the cells shipped.. got them 3 business days later ! )

Now it's time to put these babies to the test !!!! :twisted:

safe said:
I have to ask....

How much did you pay for this "gold"?

Not cheap.... after shipping, transfer fees, duties, brokerage, gst, bod dave and john's share...

aprox 40 $ per cell at my front door... including a one 72v BMS.. but no charger.

48 cells = 1900 $

This is enough cells to build 6 x 24v 10ah packs. 8)

All those 48 cells on your ebike Ypedal? :twisted:

I just can't wait to see your test results !!

yeah!!! 72V 20Ah lifebatt !! :shock:

NOT lifebatt... PSI !! :wink:

Edit to add : The Chaos is getting 3 x 24v packs, and the other 3 packs will either go on the Chopper, BMX, or one of my other projects in the works !!!! :p

The plan is to build the packs to be mountable to any bike in my collection , quick on , quick off.

Ypedal said:
Forgot to post these yesterday.. the cells were provided with copper tabs, nuts, washers, and black caps for the threaded ends.

Got my caliper out and the copper is 1mm thick ( 0.039" ) 8)

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh... more shiny parts... BLING! BLING!
(What can I say... I'm just a simple guy... things like these just turn me on.) :mrgreen:

Next step, to build these babies in packs.

I may change my mind, yet again, but right now i'm looking at building these cells in 24v 10ah each. 8 Cells.

Gary built his packs using " G10 " fiberglass board :
Random google result :

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=8758&engine=yahoo!6457&keyword=g10_fiberglass

Or lexan/acrylic/polycarbonate

http://stores.ebay.com/affordableplastic_W0QQfrsrcZ1QQfsubZ4802319QQtZkm

They even got colored !! i like the red!

I see the ebay guy has tubes !!! :p

http://stores.ebay.com/affordableplastic_Acrylic-Tubing_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4802321QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Original post Thursday... this latest post Sunday evening... humph... I'm kinda disappointed they aren't built already!?! :wink: :p Can't wait to see the final product and here about the performance!!

Yeah.. i know.. but i have not seen the surface of my kitchen table in months, my house has turned into a horrible mess to the point i have forbiden myself from bolting these cells together until i clear a path and organize myself a bit.. ( should have that done tomorrow ! )

My timing is just about perfect, i happen to be on vacation for 2 weeks ! :D

I have, however, weighed the cells from 2 of the 6 boxes, they are not all " exactly " the same weight, range from 361 grams to 367 grams, majority 362g. I don't yet know what impact that has, but will make note of them all.

Back