BOSCH Powerpack battery

There doesn't appear to be any general thread about these batteries from German BOSCH. You are welcome to post any problems or knowledge here!

I have a BOSCH Powerpack 400, 36v and 11Ah tube mounted battery on a Grace MXII S, with a 350 Watt Bosch Performance Line center motor.

EDIT: It's a 2014 model.

And I will start with my small problem. Today was rainy and snowy, so when I got home with a half full battery I left it on the shelf for a few hours to temperate, then put it in the charger. Then after a hour or so I got the "out of temperature range" indication without reason.

Then I see that there is moisture inside the battery and think I better dry it out which will be a good reason to take a look inside.

So I remove the four most obvious screws, but it won't open. I can't disassembly my Powerpack 400 battery pack. There are no screws under the sticker and I want to avoid using brute force (ex. big flat screwdriver).

So before I do any damage on an otherwise good system, does any of you out there have some ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20150120_194117 redigeret markering.jpg
    IMG_20150120_194117 redigeret markering.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 6,430
  • IMG_20150120_194216 redigeret markering.jpg
    IMG_20150120_194216 redigeret markering.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 6,430
  • Grace MXII S.jpg
    Grace MXII S.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 6,427
Nanoha said:
Do you have warranty?

On the other hand, if you so open it, please let us know what cells they use :)

Inside Bosch PowerPack are Samsung 29E cells or LG 11865 :p

Nanoha said:
tumich said:
Nanoha said:
Do you have warranty?

Inside Bosch PowerPack are Samsung 29E cells or LG 11865 :p

Do they use panasonic as well?
Probably only for electric forklift and vehicles for the disabled.

Nanoha said:
Do you have warranty?

I have warranty .... until I get the damn thing opened up :mrgreen:

you have to break the pack to open the pack. Never know what's inside samsang nmc or LG nca. I think.
Who cares you own it. It is what it is. You can't order nca or nmc and you break it open you void a 2yr. warranty. Not good. Low amp draw motor, so battery should last if not played with. Replacement battery 700.00 usd plus. Not a toy.

This Bosch PowerPack inside LG. Look my topic: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61608

you do not have to break the case to open it. use a table saw and make the kerf deep enuff to cut almost all the way through that seam where they overlap and are glued. when the two sections are separated then you can open it up fully and when you put it back together just wrap with duct tape. it should not invalidate any claim you make if the battery was not manufactured correctly.

999zip999 said:
you have to break the pack to open the pack. Never know what's inside samsang nmc or LG nca. I think.
Who cares you own it. It is what it is. You can't order nca or nmc and you break it open you void a 2yr. warranty. Not good. Low amp draw motor, so battery should last if not played with. Replacement battery 700.00 usd plus. Not a toy.

where there are reliable info about that those LG cells are NCA? I have made a 13s15p with those cells

The bike and battery has been running 6000km now. So the bike went to the dealer for some maintenance (oil, brakes and things).

Here I asked for a data read out of the battery. It is not an impressive amount of info that I was given, but the total amount of delivered Ah to the motor is a nice number to get, and so is the number 100% charges, 168 in my case. Also the maximum temperature is logged, mine was 46 degree.

There still appear moist inside the LED readout after a rainfall, and I haven't found a way to open the battery. So until get it opened I don't know if it has any influence on the battery.

I bought a used PowerPack 400 on eBay to rebuild with new cells and make it a PowerPack 500. I was able to figure out how to open it without damage.

Were you ever able to do the same or did you give up? I think I have some how-to's to write in the near future. :)

What samsung cells are they using? I am planing to push more power out from it :)

Here's one opened up... I forced this one and broke a couple of the tabs, but it still snaps back together. If you made a special tool to slide it there maybe you could jimmy it open more carefully.

packopen.jpg

The BMS on this one died from water intrusion that got thru the coating and corroded one tiny trace on the board... pretty weak for a $900ish dollar battery. I wouldn't try to pull too many amps regardless of the cells. The whole build with not very beefy tabs and skinny output wires isn't built to sustain much output.

Back