eva-michael wrote:You can try to use a headway LiFePO4 battery pack with battery management system(BMS). Headway cell are well know and good quality cells if search on forum. Their quality beats most of other LFP cell.
For batteries, I make the following recommendations, in my order of preference:
- A123 AMP20 prismatic pouch or 26650 cylindrical cells from OSNPower (pouch kit or cells with welded tabs)
- Headway 15ah or 12ah (screw-ends, so ready-to-make)
- A pack made by cell_man at EM3ev (ready made)
- A Ping pack (ready made)
- 18650 format cells from Panasonic or Samsung, variously sourced (then spot-welded)
- used Makita Konion cell packs from Doctorbass (scavenged cells, spot-welded)
camerart wrote:I did a quick search, but they seem very expensive. The quality might be superior, but this is my first battery pack, so I really just want a tried and tested popular one.
A battery worth buying and using will cost - just no way around it for now until the cost of quality battery packs comes down. That will happen when Tesla finishes his gigawatt factory in Nevada.
Note that the least-costly battery pack will be one you make yourself from cells acquired from A123
, Panasonic or Samsung. You're providing the labour and a good pack takes time. The A123
prismatic pouch cells from OSNPower can be had with their kit - which bolts tabs in place, so no welding required. The cylindrical cells need to be spot welded, and there are threads on the forum dealing with that. For ready made packs, one from EM3ev or Ping.
Not listed for reason
- a battery pack from your local friendly electric bike shop - whatever they carry
- a pack from the same vendor you bought your eBike kit from
: RC Lipo cells made up into packs