Cell Pro Powerlab 6 help

Hello my e bike friends! I am hoping someone can help me track down a replacement part for my Powerlab 6. I was getting ready to charge my batteries like I've done several times and there was a pop from the charger and the magic smoke escaped. I tried to catch it to no avail. It will still power on and cycle trhough the menus but as soon as I try to start a charge cycle it gives me an error. After taking the charger apart I found what I believe to be a fried FET. I cannot get the numbers off of this part, I've tried looking at it outside, from different angles, upside down, I've even had my kids look at it and we can't make out any numbers. If anyone knows what this is or what I should order please let me know.

Andy

Attachments

• fet (450x800).jpg
    fet (450x800).jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 766
  • fet2 (576x1024).jpg
    fet2 (576x1024).jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 766
http://www.revolectrix.com/ Have you tried contacting these folks or someone affiliated? Perhaps your charger is still under warranty. Even if your charger isn't under warranty still I imagine they have the information you need and maybe even the component as well.

I did contact Revo and I believe they will probably take care of it. I use this everyday for my commuter set up so I can't really afford to have it down. If I can fix it quickly vs sending it in and taking weeks I would rather fix it.
I will get pics of the whole board and post them up.

More pictures.
The fet is almost right behind the C19 marking.

Attachments

• fet3 (450x800).jpg
    fet3 (450x800).jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 754
  • fet opo side (450x800).jpg
    fet opo side (450x800).jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 754
  • fet opo side 2 (450x800).jpg
    fet opo side 2 (450x800).jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 754
It is connected to the positive. At least I have continuity when I connect the fet with positive cable and a multi meter.
I am fairly new to all of this electronics stuff but I'm learning quickly! When people mention drain I think of 1 1/2" copper tubing, solder and torches so this is a shift for me.

if the drain is connected to the positive then it is an nchannel mosfet. so something beyond the 6S in voltage would work but use a mosfet able to handle the current.

the irf3205 is good to 55V as i recall. cheap on ebay. i may still have one. i do have some irfb4110 also.

LOL. The charger is in a few pieces at the moment.
Would you be interested in parting with any of the gets you have?

Ok I received the FET and installed it with no problems however the charger will not even turn on now. When I hook it up to the server power supply the power supply goes into protection mode, if I try to hook it up to my meanwell there is a spark and nothing else.
I think I may be out of my depths here. If anyone would take a look at this for me I would appreciate it. Just send me a PM or post here.

Back