About to order from NKON.nl - What to expect?

Neo2172

100 mW
I am about to order 36 Sanyo NCR18650GA's from NKON.nl (http://ru.nkon.nl/sanyo-18650ga.html). From what I have read it seems that most people agree that this is the best of the new 3500MAH cells. With shipping factored in I will be paying about $5/cell which I think is pretty good, if you know of a better deal on this cell please let me know! :D Can anyone share their experience buying from NKON? (I'm in the USA) I am thinking it will probablly take several weeks to get the package, which is fine. I'm not sure if I will have any issues or have to pay anything to customs tho?

Is it just me or is this an awesome deal for this 3.5AH 10A cell?! :D

The 36 cells will be used for tinkering, small projects, and to see how smoothly ordering from overseas goes. If it ends up being a good experience I will order more and build a pack for my bike.

cwah said:
Got a very good experience with nkon but I'm in europe.

That's good to hear! When you made your purchase from NKON did it seem to be the cheapest price you could find on batteries? In other words are there any other sellers of quality 3500MAH 10A cells for $5.00/ea or less that I should be looking at? :D Thanks!

I had good price but I was ordering like 200 cells. For 36 cells you may not have the lowest price but the seller os reliable so that's good.

I would get few spare cells if I were you. At least 1p of cells as 1 dead cell can drag down an entire row.

I've ordered small numbers of cells from them a couple of times. You get minimal packaging and they arrived by regular post within a week (Netherlands to UK). I think there was a member outside Europe who had a problem in that the cells we sent by regular post and destroyed by customs in his country, with an apparent lack of interest from Nkon. I can't recall how it worked out.

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered about $200 worth of cells. I hope they arrive safely to my doorstep, wish me luck! :D

Also, if LunaCycles had the 3500MAH Sanyo GA cells I probably would of ordered from him, based on his great reputation and being in the US.

bikegeek said:
Try here: https://www.fasttech.com/category/1420/batteries

Fasttech is a joke, took 2 months for me to get my holders. If you can wait, and the price is right then go with fasttech, they should be called slowtech.

I have a very good experience with Arjan from Nkon. I order almost twice a week cells for my battery refurbishment business. Greetings Dennis

nkon.nl doesn't ship to USA anymore.

Can't find anyplace else to get a good price for 3500MAH 18650 batteries.

If they dont ship to USA anymore, then they sure wouldnt sell to Canada. I will have to look into this.
Could always just use a mail-forwarding service based out of where ever NKON is from, Netherlands.
I've been tempted to do it, I just dont know how much extra postage will be.

I forgot to update this after my order came in! If memory serves I believe my order showed up in less than 2 weeks. It was packaged VERY well. All the cells I've tested are perfect. I would definately buy from Nkon again.

To the poster above, are you saying Nkon just stopped shipping to the usa? If that is the case it looks like I ordered just in time! :D

Just go to website, go through the motions of buying, punch in address and see what the S/H price is to USA or Canada. If theres a price, then they would still be shipping.

How much did you pay for S/H?

Looks like I need to look into the forwarding mail/parcel service. Then I'd just buy from Luna Cycle.

Yes Nkon only ships in Europe now because they said their shipper gave them problems shipping batteries out of europe. This is unfortunate because the prices Nkon had were really good.

I could get batteries for like $5 each from nkon shipped, anyplace else it is at least $10.

You placed your order just in time.

i ordered a batch from nkon 6 months ago.. it was cheap and quick. And cells are quality that are still going strong.

One of the best battery seller I can tell you

any recommendations on where to get the Sanyo NCR18650GA cells in the US if nkon doesnt ship here anymore?

markz said:
Just go to website, go through the motions of buying, punch in address and see what the S/H price is to USA or Canada. If theres a price, then they would still be shipping.

How much did you pay for S/H?

Looks like I need to look into the forwarding mail/parcel service. Then I'd just buy from Luna Cycle.

I believe it was right under $20 for shipping. I ordered 36 cells which was the most I could get without the shipping bumping up to a higher amount for a heavier parcel. I just clicked through the website and you are right, no shipping options for the USA. What a shame, these sanyo 18650GA cells came out to just over $5 shipped. Hopefully in a few months they start shipping worldwide again.

Honestly the cheapest from a reputable source I could find them for is from fasttech.com for $7.25 each shipped to USA. I believe their shipping is very slow.
https://www.fasttech.com/product/2399401-authentic-sanyo-ncr18650ga-3-6v-3500mah

Let me know if anyone has a better idea where to purchase them in bulk for cheaper. I might need to buy like 200 of them.

NKON.nl used to say that they were looking for a new shipper right after you click add to cart, but now they don't even say that anymore. Makes me think that they won't find a new shipper. Maybe it has to do with the laws or legal liability and it isn't worth it for anyone to ship them overseas.

What we may need to do is see if we can order them in bulk for cheap someplace and then do a group buy. I know I will need about 240 of them for a new build and am sure many others will need them also. Any ideas let me know.

Sorry for the triple post guys. I think I may have found a place to buy the Sanyo NCR18650GA cells in USA in the $5 dollar range.

Shipped out of PA, I got a quote for 250 of them at $5.31 each. For a lower quantity it will range probably between $5.31 and $6.00. Shipping will be what it costs them to ship from PA.

1 to 2 week lead time for them to arrive.

Looks like a legit place also so maybe we are in luck here in USA.

Link Please!

Yeah I will need about 20Ah worth soon, maybe 25Ah depending on price and depending on the discharge rate.
I'd prefer a 15A-20A discharge rate, will think about 10A discharge rate. Nothing lower though.

2 months slow!
Honestly the cheapest from a reputable source I could find them for is from fasttech.com for $7.25 each shipped to USA. I believe their shipping is very slow.

I contacted the company and asked them if they can special order the Sanyo NCR18650GA and he can. Needs 1 to 2 week lead time as he doesn't stock this particular battery, but this may be the best bet and much safer than ordering from China.

It seems he can ship to USA & Canada.

You will have to contact them through the web page or call them on the phone and tell them you want to special order the SANYO NCR18650GA. He already said he can get them for $5.31 for 250 quantity and can do any quantity I believe. Price seems very reasonable, especially from a USA based company. I can't find anything cheaper to be honest, or even close. We can probably get a group discount if enough of us buy, like I need 250 of them just for my build.

Here is the company web page
http://liionwholesale.com/

Just go down to contact to ask them about your order, Email or phone number.

Please let me know if you do order so we can see if everything is legit and what the pricing is.

well, looks like nkon is shipping to the US again, 30 euro shipping through Fedex. I need about 60, which works out to around 4.75 a cell shipped.

Back